StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Thursday Baseball
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thursday Baseball

What a shot to the chops for all of us today. I believe Thursday will be much better. It will not be a doggie dog day. Here's a long list I'm starting with. We should be able to hammer at least 3 of them and I think you know which one to pummle first.

Oakland -360 Mulder gets revenge

San Francisco -110
Moss is pitching good. Only start against Pirates he did not allow a run and they won the game. 3-0 this year. Benson is 1-4 vs Giants. This game is much like the A's game. The game they one went to extra innings and the game they lost they didnt show up. Basically they didnt show up either game. They will show up today. I know it prob wont happen but we need Barry back in the lineup.

Chicago Cubs -240
Cubbies also playing with the revenge factor. Perez for SD era 9.00 Clement 2.52

Houston -131
Wade Miller is underrated, I hope it stays that way all year long. Astacio is making his first start of the year. 3-5 5.68 era vs Stro's.

LA -154
Kevin Brown coming off 2 straight losses the Barry and Giants. Ryan Dumpster 6.48 era, 10.80 era in 2 home starts. Brown 1.82 era vs. Reds

St Louis -110
Woody Williams 3-0 0.00 era 0.700 whip, 1.99 era vs Atlanta. Hampton, will he ever be the same, 0-1 7.20 era

Boston -181
Lowe 3-1 3.75 era 3.20 era vs Texas, Drese 10.12 era 2.50 whip 10.00 era vs Boston

Seattle -220
Anderson last 2 starts average score 3.5-12.0, Moyer 7-2 vs Indians 2-1 3.00 era this year.

Lets work together today and get our money back. Let me know what you think about these suggestions. Only thing definate right now for me is Oakland big enough to break even and LA Dodgers. Cant see Brown losing to the Reds.

The only game without a clear pitching advantage is the Giants game but Moss has been doing well. A bunch of us thought it looked as if the A's didnt even want the win tonight. All of these games have revenge except the Seattle game. I think all of these teams will play extremely hard to win tomorrow, you know thats not the case on a daily basis.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:09 AM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
patfrat

Question...

Just a quick question...since a game like OAK is -360, do you ever play the runline, just to lower your price on the game? Does anyone do this just to cut on potential losses? I mean, OAK has a great, great chance of beating that spread, being they haven't for 2 games now...

Cubs at -240 would be another example, but if you're up, laying 240 isn't so bad as laying 360.

Does anyone have a CONSISTENT rule, or is it mostly a game-by-game basis? I've always gone game-by-game, taking vs. starting ERA/BULLPN and current vs. BA, OBP, etc...

Just wondering...

Old Post 04-24-03 04:35 PM
patfrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patfrat Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

thanks

Old Post 04-24-03 08:58 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: