StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Hows the weather in Chicago?
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
FastEddie222

Hows the weather in Chicago?

Adam Eaton...
Not a bad pitcher

last 3 starts 2.25 ERA

last 3 games HAVE BEEN DECIDED BY 1 RUN!

5 er, 0 HR, 14 SO, in 19 innings

3 unders

----
Wood 1.93 era at home 14 innings.

Hows the weather in Chicago?

May have to take the +1-1/2 if the winds blowing in.

FastEddie

Old Post 04-23-03 07:28 PM
FastEddie222 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FastEddie222 Click here to Send FastEddie222 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Vegas lets you know which way wind is blowing when they put line out. 8 and lower means wind is blowing in. 10 and up means wind is blowing out. Thats why sometimes the Cub total is not posted till later. Today 7.0 means definately blowing in.

Old Post 04-23-03 07:37 PM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

It's a clear cool day with a bright sun. The wind will shift whenever it wants, 1st coming in off the lake then out.

Old Post 04-23-03 07:42 PM
Breadman is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ragtop
StatFox Hall of Famer

Breadman

I got the clear, cool, bright sun part, but the part about the wind shifting whehever it wants first coming in off the lake and than out? Are you related to Casey Stengel or Yogi? Please translate to me about the wind in CHI Town. When it blows in off the lake ? When it goes out does the wind change direction and suck? Bottom Line: Are the Cubbies a good bet today??Good Luck.

Old Post 04-23-03 08:07 PM
Ragtop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ragtop Click here to Send Ragtop a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

In the morning, the wind and temps change around 7 or 8 o'clock. Later in the day, they shift back. It's a matter of when. The park is surrounded by fencing. I've sat up there through a game. It will blow in, blow in, blow in off the lake then bang, switch all at once and blow out. Tomsy would know more of what I am referring to. I know it isn't much help. If it switches, it usually isn't till late afternoon. 7th inning in day games. No scoring- then scoring. The whole damn city is a wind tunnel year round. GL

Old Post 04-23-03 09:14 PM
Breadman is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FastEddie222

Nice start to today!

Eaton did a good Job!

Nice Low scoring game SD Plus 1-1/2 was a nice bet!

straight and the Under

I'll try to get back later.

Good Luck!

Fast Eddie

Old Post 04-23-03 11:02 PM
FastEddie222 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FastEddie222 Click here to Send FastEddie222 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tomsey_1

Eddie,

Sorry I didn't get back to you about the weather for the Cubs game this afternoon, I had a long day at work and couldn't logon to the forum....

In a nutshell, when the wind is blowing directly FROM the SW, it's blowing straight out to center field at Wrigley (and vice versa).... Also, FROM the E, it's blowing out to right field so those routine fly balls to right, end up in the basket or on Sheffield Ave.....

I hope this helps.....

Tomsey....

Old Post 04-24-03 02:55 AM
tomsey_1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tomsey_1 Edit post   Report post
tomsey_1

Whoops....

FROM the west (not the east as I indicated in the previous post), the balls will carry a long way to right field....

Sorry about that....

T...

Old Post 04-24-03 02:58 AM
tomsey_1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tomsey_1 Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: