StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Home Dogs in MLB
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

Home Dogs in MLB

Looking at the home dogs in MLB this year.
If you eliminate the games involving Detroit at home, SF as road favs, and NYY as road favs......Then the remaining home dogs are 34-23 this year, that's incredible.

In these same situations.
Dogs w/ offensive advantage at home: 6-2 (using current season stats)
Bullpen advantage at home: 5-2

Keep in mind these situations are: DON'T PLAY DETROIT AS A HOME DOG, DON'T PLAY ANY HOME DOGS VS. SF, DON'T PLAY HOME DOGS VS. NYY......Record 34-23.

PLAY THESE SAME SITUATIONS W/ OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE (BA, Runs/Gm.).......Record 6-2.

PLAY THE ABOVE SITUATIONS W/ BULLPEN ADVANTAGE (ERA).....Record 5-2.

Good luck guys.

Old Post 04-21-03 09:09 PM
jeffn86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffn86 Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

Toronto was an execption today. Thank goodness.

Jeff, I tend to weigh out how they have been playing against a certain team. For instance, in my post earlier I stated that Toronto had the stars but nothing else in their favor (not even home field). I watched them play yesterday and just had a feeling they were not to get swept. I do like your run at the home dogs and will continue to play one a day probably til something breaks.

Thanks for you info once again

B

Old Post 04-21-03 09:16 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wanna win

Jeff,
Can you update this every now and again if it continues?
I think two games fit tonight, correct?

Tampa Bay Home Dog and Texas Home Dog.

Old Post 04-22-03 08:44 PM
wanna win is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wanna win Click here to Send wanna win a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wanna win

oops, 2 more today

TB, Texas and I forgot Cincy and Baltimore.

I believe those are the only dogs that fit your system today.

Old Post 04-22-03 08:52 PM
wanna win is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wanna win Click here to Send wanna win a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

I would be very careful with all of those. Just my opinion but I can only see maybe 1 pulling it out.

GL though!

Old Post 04-22-03 09:00 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wanna win

I won't be playing any of them tonight. Just interested in seeing what they do.

Old Post 04-22-03 09:06 PM
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

TB won, Bal, TX lost (should that one count vs. Pedro? that's like playing the Yankees). Cincy also lost, but their terrible. Only home dogs worth betting today were TB & Bal.
Overall home dog record this yr. 35-26. Remember, don't bet on Det. at home, and don't bet the home dog vs. NYY or SF.

Old Post 04-23-03 09:23 AM
jeffn86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffn86 Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: