StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Statfox ! We need a paying members only forum
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Betman

Statfox ! We need a paying members only forum

As soon as possible.

Old Post 04-21-03 12:17 AM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I was wrong, you're not a retard. Sorry, wrong imposter.

I'm with you 100%. Betman you're absolutely right, we do need this members-only forum in days, not weeks/months.

Statfox needs to respect and honor the desires of the majority of the paying community here, not the hoards of free-loading lurkers!

GET IT DONE

Old Post 04-21-03 12:21 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Murdock

a members only board is a bad idea imo. Dont do it StatFox or i will unsubscribe

Old Post 04-21-03 12:23 AM
Murdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Murdock Click here to Send Murdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nasche

add my vote!

I wanted to be able to discuss this system...but it is very difficult to word things correctly. Props to statfox for thier work and props to nick...but let us get the talking in the right channels so their are no delays (I think it will boost statfox membership big time)

Old Post 04-21-03 12:24 AM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Bad idea. Bad idea?

Why?

Because you threaten to pull your fictitious membership.

You're why we need this members-only forum.

Old Post 04-21-03 12:26 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Kiwi@NZ

Yep got my vote
MEMBERS ONLY FORUM ..........

Old Post 04-21-03 12:31 AM
Kiwi@NZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi@NZ Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This is all very interesting. As a business owner who is doing fairly well I simply do not understand StatFox's reasoning for NOT making this forum members only.

Look at it this way, if the people that were NOT paying members could not access this forum and all the great info they would have two choices:

1. pay up and become a member
2. Lose out on some very good handicappers that are on this forum

As a business owner it seems to me that StatFox should be taking better care of their paying members and doing more to get MORE members.

How would making this a paying members forum not help in both regards?

There are many lurkers who simply take a lot of great advice and don't pay.... EVER. That is actually smart on their part, although a bit unethical and greedy to be honest.

It simply doesn't make sense for StatFox to keep this forum wide open and lose a LOT of potential clients because those clients can simply benefit from those of us that do have the sheets.

It also doesn't make sense to not take care of your paying subscribers.

I don't know the numbers, but being a fairly smart business person I have to believe subscription to the sheets would improve markedly if people knew there were two forums:

1. For people that have the sheets and GREAT info.

2. For people that are just talking

I, for one, would immediately become a paid member if that was the only way to access the board. The information is just too damn valuable.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 01:10 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Well said DD.

Question: "Devil Dog" is obviously a nickname for Marine.

Are you/were you in the Corps?

Old Post 04-21-03 01:13 AM
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yes, 1st Marine Division

The boys did well. Hope they get them outta there because Marines are not good at policing. Just let them kill and they'll be fine.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 03:02 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Long time ago I was a Marine...

but once....always.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 03:15 AM
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Spent many years as a Corpsman. As recently as November 2002, was with a Medical Battalion with the Marines.

Old Post 04-21-03 03:22 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Why the forum should stay free

Hello Devildog.

In all honesty, I would not have joined Statfox as a member without the forum. I followed it for months before making a decision.

The forum was really my main reason for joining.

While there is a wealth of knowledge, things need more proof.

Yeah, Nick's system looks very good!

What I mean is, if I just discovered Statfox, and if I didn't see this forum, I might have had second thoughts about being a subscriber.

It is kind of a double edged sword. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Forums are a means of communication, and I don't mind paying for them.

However, in this case, it is also a place for Statfox to show off it's product. That is also quite important.

I bought the product based on the forum. I will tell you why in a little more detail.

I followed a few posters. They really did know their stuff. If it was good enough for them, and they proved to have a winning record, it was good enough for me!

I doubt I would have made the same conclusion without the forum. It was a toss up between this forum and the Professional gambler web site to get my money.

Also quite good and in my HMO the best handicapping service if you plan to pay for one.

http://www.professionalgambler.com

At least you can track minutes after the game starts. All 1 unit bets. None of this 2* or 3* picks.

I am also following the Vig tourney. Quite entertaining! I put Dave on top, because he doesn't martingale, which is all a star system does. I must admit, it can look enticing for a while.

So you see, the posters made me become a subscriber. People like The Mann for college ball, and Deniro for thoughts on horse racing. And many others of course.

This is a good diversified forum. That makes the actual product shine. So in that sense, Stafoxx has to measure the risk.

BTW, it is really easy to setup a private forum for users anywhere on the net. Dolphin is excellent for that.

www.dolphinforums.com

You can also use Delphi, way more expensive.

So there are other solutions to the problem.

Dolphin is $12 for a year, and you get to meet a bunch of nutty people who love to gamble.

EZ-Board I hate, but one could use that too.

So really, I think the Stafox elite subscriber has plenty of ways to get around this very minor problem, and Stafox will continue to benefit from the excellent level of posts I have seen so far.

That's why I subscribed to Statfox, the posters far more than the actual product.

While some may hold the lofty idea people are lurking, some are quite simply evaluating the product. I have sent a lot of people here through the Dolphin Forums. Like almost every poster with an interest in sports gambling has made a visit.

It would be kind of be incorrect from a business perspective for the prospective client to not have the chance to evaluate the product, and the knowledge base of the users.

I certainly respect your thoughts on the matter, they are good ones.

Now Stafox has one more piece of the puzzle to evaluate. They will have to handicap the final decision....

Old Post 04-21-03 04:27 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
papermate

DevDog

Wrong DevilDog...as a business owner it seems that StatFox will actually make more money keeping this forum open to everyone and will lose money by not keeping it open for everyone and thus open to future subscribers.

JMHO

Old Post 04-21-03 05:47 AM
papermate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for papermate Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: