StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Let's debate some NBA today:
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbc

Let's debate some NBA today:

Here are my leans for four of the games today in the NBA. Please hammer away away at them so we can further enjoy these games! :-)

Milwaukee +6.5: I'm struggling to find a way New Jersey is going to be able to keep up with Milwaukee's scoring. Payton on Kidd is a wash, Martin has an edge over Milwaukee's middle men, but other than that I give a big edge to the Bucks other three starters and bench. New Jersey has the home edge, but the Bucks have been playing better. I think its close and could go either way, but I'll take the 6.5.

Indiana -6.5: Boston projected to shoot 38% in this one. Both teams struggling, but Boston struggling worse.

Utah/Sacramento under 188.5: Early money towards the under. According to the statfox newsletter, Utah is a huge under team in the playoffs, and tries to dictate the tempo here. Plus, Sac is a great defensive team at home.

Dallas -6.5: Why not, Portland is so ready for a quick series. Only way this game, and the series for that matter, doesn't go handily to Dallas is if they take their good fortune of not playing LA too lightly.

bbc

Old Post 04-19-03 04:16 PM
bbc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbc Edit post   Report post
bDnews
StatFox Hall of Famer

Payton on Kidd isn't a wash.......

These two grew up playing together and the games they meet in are usually tight. Payton is still the more intense player and has been for a while. Payton may smother Kidd to death today....

Old Post 04-19-03 04:28 PM
bDnews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bDnews Click here to Send bDnews a Private Message Edit post   Report post
patfrat

Three bets I like...more I don't

UT/SAC I'll take those points, thank you. I love the crap out of the Jazz today. They are getting anywhere from +9.5 to +10.5. Sacramento, watch out. You might just get taken on your own court...One game (of ten) in the past two years between these two teams has had a margin of victory greater than 11 points, regular or post-season. Jazz Can play the "D" when they need to and will, I think, keep the high-scoring SAC team on earth. I think if SAC scores close to or under 100, UT has an easy cover, though they give 97 pts on the road this year. SAC can play the "D" too, don't get me wrong. SAC is a better rebounding team (by an average of 3+ a game), but UT are a nice bunch of vets and kids. No "stars," just business...UT has got something to prove. SAC is notorious for being complacent and for having a "loser" mentality. UT has stepped up for me all year when I've bet on them, and I don't think it's gonna stop right now. Not saying they are gonna win, but they will keep it close -- at least closer than 11 pts, which is what I got after buying 1/2 point. I'll take the 11 pts.

BOS/IND Agree with you BBC -- I hate BOS. One, well...two-horse team that destructs right when they shouldn't. Though IND is a team with a head case, they can beat BOS at home no problem. Not to mention BOS is one of the worst matchup rebounding teams in the league (I think there's like a 4-5 reb difference). IND backcourt is a strong suit, so I'm giving the points. Past matchups indicate IND can easily cover the six points, especially at home. I actually bought a point just cause it seemed to be the right thing to do. IND-5.

MIL/NJ I like NJ in this game, but MIL was on a tear at the end of the year and that kinda scares me. "The Glove" scares me, too. While unlikely, I think MIL can take NJ at home. Read an article (I think it was on covers.com) that mentioned a MIL zone defense can shut down NJ's ability to break, communicate, and score. That's how MIL rolled NJ in their last meeting something like 102-85. Still, that unusual score is good enough to touch today's O/U. MIL has a prolific offense, averaging 99-point-somethng a game and 96.9 on the road, but they give up buckets of points while not on their home floor. NJ is stellar at home, both on O and D, but their D is gonna get tested today. All this comes down
to...the OVER. 4 of last 5 between the two have gone over. Personally, I bought the 1/2 point and am taking OVER 188.

PHO and SA scares me. Spurs have looked great this year and deserve that #1 seed, no doubt about it, but PHO was on hellfire to end the season and I just think the spread is too high (8.5 - 9.5). If youhad to put a gun to my head, I'd say to take PHO, but man those Spurs are good, even if their young guys are untested. Also, Duncan sat out the last reg season game with a sore leg. He says he's fine, but w/o him, SA is in for a long day. Just don't want to give those points to a streaking PHO team. I am staying away from this one.

POR/DAL - the "Jailblazers" have a nice road record and can play.
Though DAL is, well, mighty DAL. Too many questions here. two good defenses, both allowing 92 points home/away considered. Line at 6-6.5 is confounding. If anyone can beat DAL is the road-dangerous POR team. But, then again POR always seems to hang on to their sanity by a string. Pippen rumored to be not 100% (metally -- ?) I dunno. Gun-to-head bet is on DAL, but staying away...

Old Post 04-19-03 04:46 PM
patfrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patfrat Edit post   Report post
LineTracker

bbc the STATMAN

I have enjoyed your input during the last few months of BBAll which is my fav to cap. First round is tough for me and I dedicate to a series after the first round right now? STATS are nothing the focus is not on the POST SEASON but on the GIFT. Many will disagree but this is all heart and talent here.

With that said the EAST will produce a surpriser yet I dont think MILWAUKEE is it but I have to agree they may push on that 6.5 kinda hard so I agree with that.

The under in the UTAH game is equally playable. But the other spreads I would ease off well maybe the SAN game the one you didnt mention DUNCAN will continue to be a force who can stop him on PHOENIX?

Also be very very careful the harsh words of PORTLAND they are healthy and the team is skilled. DALLAS success is pure offensive driven not sure how far that will take them. I actually want to find a reason not to lay on them!

GL
LINE

Old Post 04-19-03 04:47 PM
LineTracker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LineTracker Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I like the Milwaukee call a lot. Payton's job is to simply control Kidd. If you do that you really stop the rest of the Nets. I like Milwaukee +7.

I think Portland has a chance in the entire series. With the style the Mavericks play they may get hot and blow the Blazers out but this run and gun style has NEVER won a championship in the NBA and I don't think it will this time either. Portland has a much better inside game and great athletes. I think they hang with Dallas. By the way, if Wallace doesn't touch the ball EVERYTIME down low, then Cheeks should be fired. Dallas has absolutely no one that can stop Rasheed Wallace and if Portland goes to this advantage they can win this game and the series.

Dog

Old Post 04-19-03 06:26 PM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
themann
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Nets should controll the Bucks, no problem. I wont play on a team that wont start a natural 2 guard. Peyton and E.T. are both point guards and the mismatch will be to much. NETS WIN

BEST BET: Spurs under 188.5

Spurs 1-9 on the under in their last 10. The game with the Suns have been over but the Spurs Popovich will employ defense, its what the Spurs do best!

Old Post 04-19-03 06:37 PM
themann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for themann Edit post   Report post
themann
StatFox Hall of Famer

NETS DOMINATE!! Should this be surprising? I think not.

Old Post 04-19-03 10:08 PM
themann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for themann Edit post   Report post
larrymaze

Boston upsets Indiana and now...

it looks like Phoenix is going to take out San Antonio, that would be sweeettt!

Old Post 04-19-03 11:57 PM
larrymaze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrymaze Edit post   Report post
themann
StatFox Hall of Famer

Kings over the Jazz by at least 15.

SPEED KILLS !! A NO CONTEST !!

Worth a 3 unit wager. GL

Old Post 04-20-03 02:19 AM
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Phoenix takes down the #1 seed. Some great games goin on in the first round.

Old Post 04-20-03 03:02 AM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: