StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Show....
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tomsey_1

Show....

Your record in vig's tournament is a perfect example of how you can make money playing the bases when looking for the plays with the most value.....

I think the biggest hurdle a person must overcome is to "check their ego at the door" and don't mind an overall losing record (29-36 44.62%) when they take many underdogs.....

I think we all have to remember the basic philosophy, it's not the overall record that counts, it's the number of units you're up....

Great job....

Tomsey....

Old Post 04-19-03 12:52 AM
tomsey_1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tomsey_1 Edit post   Report post
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tomsey

Well stated, Show proves early in season you can play dogs in baseball and be very successful.

Old Post 04-19-03 12:58 AM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
GrayVA
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dogs

I have found that I do not have the balls to go w/ some of the ones that I have wanted and it has cost me...

I should be the one out of everyone going w/ the dogs too, considering my man's lines (not to be confused w/ my man,s line from JVF) on the underdog's

tonight i was looking at the biggest dogs for value, but i am very hesitant to bet against Zito, Colon and Oswalt at +220, +220 and +200 respectively......Then again if i had some intestinal fortitude i could put a buck on each and only have to win one of them to break even....

Like i said if my roll was a lil fatter i would be all over it, but there are plenty of games in the season to go...

GL all

Gray

Old Post 04-19-03 01:10 AM
GrayVA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrayVA Edit post   Report post
LineTracker

Agreed

I have watched VIGs tourney and really only found interest in three guys. PETE ROSE for the apparent respect he was getting from other members JEFFDANE for his boisterous knowledge and SHOW for his aggression towards dogs.

But besides the fact that he has posted DETROIT quite often most of his picks were blatant value that the public negated, for instance he picked KC over a CLEVELAND team that still somewhat gets alot of public respect hell I am from CLEVELAND and seen a few games already and knew the value in that. Picking TAMPA BAY these guys have bats no one seems to agree...anyone kept stats on how many games were blown in the last few innings?

SHOW gets my admiration for his aggressiveness towards value strait up and I wish him well throughout the season.
Myself I will continue to play the DETROIT lost bandwagon and the SF win bandwagon and play the value that MUSSINA usually get when he is on the mound in NY these I lay fairly heavy until enough info is calculated in the STATFOX POWER MATCHUP.

But SHOW you my friend are the man!

GL
LINE

Old Post 04-19-03 01:29 AM
LineTracker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LineTracker Edit post   Report post
show
StatFox Hall of Famer

ouch, once i get the recognition, i got on an 0-5 day with -25 units today for vig's contest(more with my real bankroll). Went out of my system units for today and went with 5 units each since i thought today was going to be a dog's day. Turned out to be an 1-12 day OVERALL for dogs yesterday. Oh well, hope to catch back the 25 units next week.

-show

Old Post 04-19-03 12:49 PM
show is offline Click Here to See the Profile for show Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Tigers need action.

Old Post 04-19-03 01:12 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: