StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > I got to ask something...
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I got to ask something...

This forum is great! It takes a while, but you soon realize it is not about picks. Or contests. It's the wealth of knowledge contained within it's walls.

I have asked a few football players, in the minors, this question. They all promise me they will look in the playbook, and get back to me. They never do! LOL!

What in the world is a playbook!

I need to know, truthfully an honestly, what a rushing defense is composed of. I cannot figure it out.

Nikko China, you can answer, I know who you are now...

Old Post 07-15-05 02:44 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Friday 13th
StatFox Hall of Famer

Ummm...

Here in Argentina a "playbook" is :

Libro en el que se describen un numero de jugadas deportivas pre-establecidas.

I hope that this will help... LOL

Enjoy...

Old Post 07-15-05 03:03 AM
Friday 13th is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Friday 13th Click here to Send Friday 13th a Private Message Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

A book of plays that is ajacent to the signals the QB calls out at the line of scrimmage. Sorta like a code book that allows your team to know what plays to run when given the code.

Ex: Left wing 24, blue 23 on 2.
This could represent a long pass, a run to the left, a reverse, etc.

It tells everyone in the huddle where to be and what to do. It should be called the Wife Book.

Old Post 07-15-05 03:07 AM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

T

hanks Qman!

Friday and his Mexican talk. This did not help me at all. Tough guy to understand. Plus, he is bald headed, and needs skin!

Now explain the rushing defense Qman, I need to know!

Old Post 07-15-05 03:17 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

How many yards, (or points, depending on what stat you are looking at), the defense allows by way of the run.

Example, if Chicago gives up 170 yards rushing in their first 10 games, their rushing defense will not be as good as, let's say, Philadelphia that gave up 890 yards (89 pg) over the same time span.

Don't bother looking these numbers above up, because they are hypothetical, lol.

Old Post 07-15-05 05:30 AM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

To clear up the post above....if Chicago gave up 170 pg (1700 over a 10 game span).

Old Post 07-15-05 05:31 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: