StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > North of the Border CFL Plays
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bDnews
StatFox Hall of Famer

North of the Border CFL Plays

Record: (3-1)

Watching Winnipeg for a full game last night was the equivalent of watching snowmen dance on hot coals with no feet, it wasn't pretty.
And we STILL almost covered the game...

Onward and upward to the next game:

Ottawa @ British Columbia

This situation popped up last week where one team had played one more game than the other team, thus getting a little more time to come together.
Ottawa falls into this category again having played 2 games to B.C.'s 1.
But here's the problem; B.C. played a game vs a good Toronto team, won, and then sat back and watched Ottawa pull off the double digit upset at home.

Well now B.C. is at home in their opener. No team (from the East) really like playing there because of the turf and time difference. New turf from Montreal Expos old stadium, but I've seen that turf first hand. It may be new for them, but it's certainly not new.

The BC Lions Wall of Fame inductees will be the focus of the pre-game festivities, so don't think that the Lions won't be amped for the home opener. Half time ceremonies will include photos, video shoots and a good deal of fanfare.
If this were another team laying this many points without the ceremony, home opener and playing a team coming off a big upset, I might take the points.

Not this time, you can keep the points. Give me the better team and I'll take my chances.
Ottawa got smoked by 25 on the road at Edmonton's home opener. No reason to think the Lion's won't do the same this week...

GLTA

bD

Old Post 07-08-05 05:00 PM
bDnews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bDnews Click here to Send bDnews a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to CFL, but the scoring formula I use for the NFL gives BC a 19.5 point edge.

What kind of team is BC? Do they keep playing until the end, or are they inclined to a softer 'prevention' defense when the game is already in the bag?

Old Post 07-08-05 09:38 PM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BobbyBraveheart

GL BD I have no idea what to think about the side on this game. Not that sure about the OU either. I'm leaning towards the over but we'll see.

Old Post 07-09-05 01:29 AM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
bDnews
StatFox Hall of Famer

That's not what I was hoping for last night. An Ottawa team with spirit but not a lot of weapons not only covers but pushes the game over the total with less than 1 minute left.

Boy I can't wait until NFL and NCAA starts. Last nights game will be nothing compared to that I'm sure. Along with the amount of times we hear the word - F-I-X-E-D...

Old Post 07-09-05 06:08 PM
bDnews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bDnews Click here to Send bDnews a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Talk about a fix. Could feel this one coming a mile ahead. Naturally TOR would suddenly score two TD's in the final two or three minutes, after the game went completely scoreless for a full twelve minutes (with SSK up 26-14).

TOR 27 - SSK 26

No complaints here. I had the over (46). Only playing totals in this league.

Old Post 07-10-05 04:02 AM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Scoreless for 17 minutes, not 12. Not that it matters. Where is that edit button?

Old Post 07-10-05 04:03 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: