StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Best game ever
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Chris511
StatFox Hall of Famer

Best game ever

I have been a Houston Astro fan since 1975. We moved to Houston and went to the games weekly . Mostly went with my neighbor and his dad .Tickets where we sat were $2.00 . Cesar Cedeno and Jose Cruz were my favorites back then .Later Nolan Ryan,Mike Scott , then Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio . Fast forward to the 2017 Astros........MAN I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!
Of all the games Ive ever watched in these 40 plus years ....none have ever been quite like Game 2 of this World Series. I am so glad I watched every single pitch. I know its a longshot for us to win the series but I really hope that we can pull it off for just once in my lifetime. Last night was HUGE!

Old Post 10-27-17 12:59 AM
Chris511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris511 Click here to Send Chris511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

chris

i don't think it's a long shot at all. hou is a terror at home....if mccullers pitches tomorrow like he pitched vs the yanks he'll
be tough to beat. and yeah, last nights game was a thriller for sure.

Old Post 10-27-17 01:04 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i need tutoring in the use of the space bar.

Old Post 10-27-17 01:05 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Haha ronnie! I agree though last night was an incredbile game, simply epic and wild! I really liked ya'll to win the series but now that you've stolen one on the road, I could see this series ending in Houston! Would be a great story and great for the city! BOL

Old Post 10-27-17 01:34 AM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

haven't been able to recall a better game since my boy Micky Lolich topped Bob Gibson in gm 7 of the 68 series.

lolich on 3 days rest and gibson on 4 both threw complete games !! for the 3rd time in the series !

lolich throttled rally attempts by picking off both speedsters curt flood and lou brock !!

both finished the series with .167 ERA's !!!!!!

lolich hit .250 and helped his cause in gm 2 with a dinger !!

even with all this euphoria it wasn't enough to pull the city out of the chaos caused by the riots of 1967...................

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 10-27-17 01:59 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Game was epic, the greatest win in Astros history and one of the greatest wins in Houston sports history. On to 3 in Houston. LETS SWEEP THIS!!

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 10-27-17 03:37 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: