StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A10 Sat 1/10
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A10 Sat 1/10

My A10 opinion.....

1230pm GW -2 @ LaSalle
No doubt, GW is the better team here. Short road trip from DC to Philly. Have 3 losses, all on the road so far. But they do have some decent road wins. Won a Hawaii tourney against Wichita St, Ohio, and Colorado. Haven't look very good in A10 play, close wins vs. St Joe's and StL. They are not what you'd call athletic. Bunch of European players. Very disciplined though. They run clock. Rarely shoot before 10 second mark. Turnovers very low. Rarely out of position on defense. Good rebounding. They match up with LaSalle's bigs in this one. This one is about matchups and their backcourt is far and away better here. Neither team depends on the three or shoots it very well. GW, however, doesn't shoot FTs very good. Opens backdoor, ...... if the spread was higher. I'm not much of a totals guru, but if the line is over 130, I'd play the under for sure. At -2, I'm taking a shot with the road team here.

100pm URI -8 @ Duq
URI should roll these guys. Duq can't spell defense. But URI is a worst FT shooting team than GW. They may be winning by 20, and FT shooting won't matter. But it opens the backdoor wide for the home dog. That is one of the first stats I look at when I like a road fav. I find it hard to bet on a terrible team that is overmatched by far, and has little chance of winning. But I wouldn't bet this game.

200pm St Joe's @ VCU -16
Not much analysis needed here. Vast talent mismatch. St Joe's lacking this year. But there is no quit in these guys. Gonzaga and Nova blew them out, but they were in every other loss. I really think 16 is too much. VCU will blow teams out, if possible. But, ..... in their last game they had Davidson by 20 late, and they ended up getting backdoored. FTs are VCU's Achilles heel. Not good. St Joe's rotates 8 or 9 deep. They have enough bodies to foul. Small play on the dog. Going away all day. If I were going to be home, I'd keep an eye on this one. If St Joe's hangs in the 1h, you may get a good number for VCU in the 2h. Needless to say, VCU's pressure has an effect on visiting teams stamina in the 2h. ha

700pm Dayton -7' @ Fordham
Dayton is playing good. Last week though, they kicked 2 juniors off the team. (Stealing! Wow!) Good for Archie! Short roster now. At 6'9", they were their tallest starting big men. Their tallest guy on their roster is now 6'6. In their last game on Thursday, against St Bonnie, they dominated though. St Bonnie has a very good 7 footer. I thought Bonnies would give them trouble. Didn't happen. They now have a 7 man rotation. Not all out of sorts that much for a college team, but it will effect them later in the year. (Just a little heads up there!) This is second road game in 3 days. Can't find out if they left Olean Thursday nite and went straight to NYC, or went back home for a day. Didn't spend much time looking, since their opponent is Fordham. Fordham starts 3 freshmen and 2 juniors. This is a mismatch. Not playing it, but hard lean to Dayton. I may change my mind in a minute though!!

700pm StL @ Davidson -13'
This one has 20+ written all over it. Davidson can light it up. StL is very limited this year, but like St Joe, won't quit. No shooters at all for StL. Unlike the other plays, Davidson is a very good FT shooting team. No backdoor here. (you'd think) Hard to lay that many, but after coming back and losing a close game at VCU on Wed, I think this one will be a blowout.

***Extra play
430pm Xavier @ Butler -3
Just to show Ralph I'm not a TOTAL homer.......
In this one, simply put, Xavier is a different team away from home. Can't remember them ever being this different on the road. Add to that, Butler lost a close one this week at home to Providence. This is a big bounce back game for Butler. Very good shooters. These 2 have played some great games over the last several years. Visiting Hinkle Fieldhouse is tough on anyone. Xavier has won there in the past, but today I'm playing AGAINST MY X-MEN!!! ha

GW -2
St Joe's +16
Davidson -13'
Butler -3

BOL Guys!

GL Den

A10
9-7

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-10-15 03:09 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Forgot something......

Brady Bunch -7

LARGE!

Have a great day everyone!!

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-10-15 03:13 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

great stuff from you as the norm, Duquense is tugging at me & you hit some nice points in it as well, let's have a good one my friend
GL

Old Post 01-10-15 03:14 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good luck!

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 01-10-15 03:27 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

have a great day IM

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 01-10-15 03:40 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Best of luck today Irish.

6 Rings

Old Post 01-10-15 04:19 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update

GW -2 ..... loss
St Joe's +16 ..... win
Davidson -13' ..... win
Butler -3 ..... win

GL Den

A10
12-8

Only one thing to say about the NE game.....

FU Zebras!!

Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-11-15 02:17 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: