StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MD vs Miami
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MD vs Miami

As you all know I am a die hard MD fan. Well with that said I don't think MD has a chance today. MD coming off of a humbling loss, Miami holding on to a win at home against a duke team that has hit the wall recently.
After the clemson loss eariler in the week MD had the opportunity to win and be in 3rd. place in the ACC, which anyone would believe that would have been enough to be VA Tech to death. Plus MD owed Tech back for a last minute loss eariler in the year at VA Tech. Well what happened Va Tech Coach Greenburg got Ted up and started screaming at the players and the players responded by cutting a 14 poind down to a 3 point downby one minute to half. Then one of the mutts from Tech blew his cookies on the floor which took 10 to 15 minutes to clean up. Second half MD went up by 11 and then went in a dry spell for almost 7 minutes to let Tech back in the game and end up losing by 4.

Well Md needs bench production and they are not getting any. Eric Hayes is in such a slup and he is very hesitant to shoot which means he will continue to shoot horribly I believe. There have been no answer the last two games from the bench. Coach Williams has already stated that he will probably play Osby, gist, and Vasquez even if they are in foul trouble. Well the way the road is in the ACC the home team usually get the calls and I just don't see MD pulling this one out.

I'm not betting but I wanted to point all of this out to you so that you can make an informed decision. I really believe that the play here is Miami -3 as the Miami coach has really had MD number for the past three years.

I'm rooting for a MD win but common sense sould tell you to bet Miami.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 02-23-08 04:56 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GatorMike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ah Contrair Mon Friar

This is EXACTLY why you bet on Maryland today....

Miami should have a HUGE letdown after upsetting Duke, and they won't get up for Maryland today.

And don't you think Gary has been running the boys and building them up all week...

The Terps should come out FIRED UP and ready to play!!

PLAY ON: Maryland +2

Old Post 02-23-08 05:26 PM
GatorMike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GatorMike Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very torn on this one. The Terps need to win 3 out of there next 4 to have a shot at the tourny. Miami dropped 96 on the Dukies the other night and I really dont see that happening again. As long as the terps run their offense and Greivs limits his bonehead turnovers the Terps will take care of business in the FLA. X factor in this game is James Gist. After having a great January he has disappeared the last few games. Ill take the Terps.

Old Post 02-23-08 05:36 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

re MD

guys as I stated this was an easy game I just could not bring myself to bet against the team that I love. Hope you all listened

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 02-23-08 10:19 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

you know how i felt playing Ole Miss wednesday night

Old Post 02-23-08 10:28 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: