StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > uummm ...hello? I went 7-1 yesterday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
groanman31

uummm ...hello? I went 7-1 yesterday

back to do more damage today!!!

(ohh bye the way I was also on the Falcons last night - NICE)

ok here are today's best bets @ US Open:

Tennis - ATP US Open - New York, USA
Bottom Half First Round Matchups August 28, 2007
Andreas Seppi vs Agustin Calleri
Andreas Seppi (+170) [pending]
Aug 28 3:16am Tennis - Pending
1. Tennis - ATP US Open - New York, USA
Danai Udomchoke vs Wayne Odesnik
Danai Udomchoke (+220) [pending]
Aug 28 3:16am Tennis - Pending
Kristof Vliegen vs Ivan Ljubicic
Kristof Vliegen (+280) [pending]
Aug 28 3:19am Tennis - Pending
Xavier Malisse vs Kristian Pless
Xavier Malisse (-150) [pending]
Aug 28 3:20am Tennis - Pending
Lleyton Hewitt vs Amer Delic
Amer Delic (+900) [pending]

little writeup:

**** Malisse is returning from injury, so it's a risky gamer to touch. In saying that, Pless wouldn't phase Malisse at the best of times. The Belgian has lots of class and has a knack of producing some magic when it is needed the most. He'll see an opportunity here to end the year with some sort of form going into '08, and should dispose of the Dane in 4 sets.

**** Local giant Amer Delic has been dealt a tough draw here, pitted against the gritty Australian Lleyton Hewitt. Delic has been in fair(ish) form, but his recent loss to Donald Young was a bit of a worry leading into this tournament. He possesses a huge serve, and backs it up with solid volleying at net. But his lack of armoury in the rest of his game is a concern, especially against an opponent who will make you fight for every single point with controlled aggression. I am going with my gut on this one - Delic in the upset.

**** Calleri posted a good win over Kohlschreiber in New Haven, before squandering 3 consecutive match points in the quarter final over eventual champion James Blake. Improving on hard court, and is an extremely aggressive player who doesn't ever die wondering. Will try to dominate Seppi and blast winners left, right and centre. The big Italian though is not be peturbed, his rock-solid serve and consistent groundstrokes are likely to act as a pest to the Argentine. Hasn't been sighted too often in the last month, but don't let that put you off - at very good value I'm predicting that Seppi will be in this match for a long, long way and wins it in 5 sets (whew)

**** Odesnik reared his head with a win over Ljubicic a month ago, and has had a very solid couple of months during the American summer. He is a tough player to break serve, despite his height of only 5'8". He is also extremely consistent from the back of the court, and uses the angles well. Here, he meets a speedy Thai in Danai Udomchoke who will pose some problems for the American. Udomchoke has stunned some good players in his career before, and will not be backward in coming forward. Likely to take it to Odesnik with some controlled aggression, but Wayne will see a good chance to start moving up the rankings even more with a tolerable draw. Likely 5 setter between two guys of similar style, 'Choke with the slight edge!

***** Ljubicic has lost his way and is down to an extremely disappointing ranking of 12 now. He has been struggling aganist opponents much lower ranked than him. Confidence is a big thing with Ivan, as the rest of his game seems to always fall away in the absence of a dominating first service. He meets Kristof Vliegen, who also relies heavily on his ball delivery, but is a little more potent with his groundstrokes and relies less on the slice and "loop ball" than does the Croat. Based on the levels of confidence, I am predicting an upset here. Vliegen, if he can maintain a 60% or better first serve points, he'll then see enough opportunities returning to produce some breaks of serve. Should be a tough match, the Belgian in 4.

WOMEN :

PROBABLY GONNA GO WITH
MOLIK

AND SHEDOVA

BOL TO EVERYONE!!!

Old Post 08-28-07 10:47 AM
groanman31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groanman31 Edit post   Report post
Prime Time
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Congrats

On your plays groanman! I took a chance on your plays and came out a happy man. Thank you! I actually parlayed the plays and boy did you come close. That frenchman lost 3 sets in a row.

Good job and keep up the good work!

Brian

Old Post 08-28-07 12:58 PM
Prime Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time Click here to Send Prime Time a Private Message Edit post   Report post
groanman31

stay with me man

hang in there PT - we should make good $ again today, although I have a couple of longer shots mixed in the card is pretty stable. Yeah that frenchman (PHM) couldn't beleive he lost it like that. Anyway- now is definitely the time to cash in on Tennis before the tourney goes to the Qtrfinals. TTYL

groanman *_*

Old Post 08-28-07 01:06 PM
groanman31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groanman31 Edit post   Report post
Potoroinae
Banned User

what guy betdo you like most?

Brisbane, Australia
G'day mate....!

Old Post 08-28-07 01:56 PM
Potoroinae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Potoroinae Click here to Send Potoroinae a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Formerly TGP
FoxDen Hall of Famer

How did u do with these picks? I know the 4 write ups went 1-3. Not bagging I just like to track how people do in other sports and I believe if you are posting plays you should keep a running total of how you are doing. bol ck

Old Post 08-30-07 01:54 PM
Formerly TGP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Formerly TGP Click here to Send Formerly TGP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
quantum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tennis as corupt as Boxing????

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070830143114.52ur3g60&show_article=1

Match-fixing, some of which is linked to internet gambling, is not uncommon in professional tennis, according to a damaging report in L'Equipe on Thursday.
Two elite players made the claims, under anonymity, in an interview with the French sports daily claiming they have witnessed matches being "thrown" and that they had personally been offered bribes.

The allegations come in the wake of the controversy surrounding Russia's Nikolay Davydenko, who is the subject of an ATP enquiry.

Davydenko recenty pulled out a match injured on the same day that large sums of money had been bet on his defeat to Argentina's Martin Vassallo Arguello.

Betfair, an internet gambling website, refused to pay out on Davydenko's defeat. Seven million dollars in wagers, 10 times more than normal for such a match, swung to Arguello even after Davydenko won the first set.

The unnamed sources in L'Equipe's report called on the sport's authorities to act, "before things get out of hand".

"I know several players who have been approached, and who had the exact same experience as me," said one player, identified only as Mister B and who claimed he had been approached physically by someone offering him 50,000 dollars to lose a match.

He added: "Not for one second did I believe it was a joke. 50,000 dollars is more than what I would have got for getting to the semi-final in this tournament, and it was tax-free cash.

"I refused his offer straight away, but I was left wondering what direction we're going in."

The other player, identified as Mister A, said the availability of internet terminals in the players lounges has given rise to tennis coaches gambling on matches.

"If you look on the internet terminals in the players' lounges you will see that the gambling sites are very popular. I think that about 60-80 percent of coaches are betting," said Mister A.

"I personally know a lot of guys who are internet betting."

Mister A said he believes he has seen a Master match "being thrown", but admitted: "I've seen matches being thrown, and not just in the smaller tournaments, I've seen one in the Masters for example.

"But it's difficult to say whether it's linked to internet betting."

Old Post 08-30-07 05:33 PM
quantum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quantum Click here to Send quantum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: