StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Gambling
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
FSUMike

Gambling

Still remember one of the first quotes that I had read on this site.

"You don't know what gambling is like until you put your rent check on a game"

Has anyone ever done this or gambled away anything sentimental??

GO NOLES!!!

Old Post 08-29-07 11:38 PM
FSUMike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FSUMike Click here to Send FSUMike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

We did shots of NyQuil in college, first one asleep had to shave their head.

http://unmetneeds.com/

LIFE: Sometimes you're the baby, sometimes you're the diaper

Old Post 08-29-07 11:43 PM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheBuzzard
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This could get interesting...

Sorta like a Gamblers Anonymous meeting.

Old Post 08-29-07 11:56 PM
TheBuzzard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheBuzzard Click here to Send TheBuzzard a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

when i was a freshman at michigan state I meet a bookie. It was just in time for the Ncaa tournament. My first ever bet was on who the hell knows and my last bet was $900 on The Arkansas Razorbacks +3 in the finals against UCLA. I was not on the winning side as toby bailey ripped out my heart. What was my bankroll?? My Stafford Loan check ($2500) meant to pay for my tuition and dorm room. starting out betting $20 a game i managed to drop $1900. parents and grandparents were a bit displeased to say the very least. good first lesson in gambling however......

Old Post 08-30-07 12:23 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ive got one more i need to get off my chest. When i was 11 years old i had a friend who had just got a bunch of baseball cards from someone in his family that died. he had no clue about baseball or the value of these cards. After spending the night at his house i ended up with 4 1959 mickey mantles and 3 1959 Nolan Ryans. Forget the rest its too sad.....................................

Old Post 08-30-07 12:33 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Phished880

nyquil

holy cow chico.... shots of NyQuil

i'd be bald. I must also know how many shots was the most consumed in one sitting???

jeremy

Old Post 08-30-07 12:49 AM
Phished880 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phished880 Edit post   Report post
diamondjim
StatFox Hall of Famer

The best and worst

I once lost 17,500 in 2 days. (6 years back)
Never again came close to that.

Also won 33,000 over a two week period last year.

for the record up 6,300 on preseson this year and i've never really bet preseason , just perfecting money management skills .

@1diamondjim (twitter)

Old Post 08-30-07 05:14 AM
diamondjim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for diamondjim Click here to Send diamondjim a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: