StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Statfox Power Ratings -- ???
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Coach Unit
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Statfox Power Ratings -- ???

I have question i am hoping someone can answer....

Has anybody over the years tracked these kind of plays...

The best way to explain it is to give you an example.....

Todays day game

TWINS vs WHITE SOX'S......

The power ratings have the CWS at #26 with a rating of 86...5th to last in the MLB..

Compare that to the TWINS at the #12 spot rating 106....

The line makers come out with CWS as the favorite...
I know you have to consider things
CWS are at home... Garland on the mound..

Does that make the White sox the play???

And has anyone tracked these type of plays??

hope somebody understand what im talking about...

Thoughts please

thanks guys

Coach Unit

Old Post 07-06-07 06:10 PM
Coach Unit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coach Unit Click here to Send Coach Unit a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Coach..

I agree, and then when you look at the public %'s and all the other weird stuff...looks like the Sox are the play.

Old Post 07-06-07 06:29 PM
The Bentley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Bentley Click here to Send The Bentley a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Coach Unit
FoxDen Hall of Famer

so im guessing nobody has tracked this...

hmmm.... Could be an interesting system.....

I will look into it..

Because my UNIT system is only producing 3 games evey 2 weeks it looks like.....

O well at least they are winners

Old Post 07-06-07 06:44 PM
Coach Unit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coach Unit Click here to Send Coach Unit a Private Message Edit post   Report post
freeneasy

i suppose

what that rating is all about is the overall rating of each team cause as it stands that rating is giving minny a 55% chance to win this game and at +110 that translates to a profit of 15.5 cents on the dollar and for the sox at -130 this would make them a losser of 20.4 cents on the dollar. thats a switch on the dollar of 36 cents.
to me that just doesnt make enough sense to leave all the factors involving the outcome of a ballgame at that one rating..
in order things on a more comparitive level i would want to at least add to that a seperate power rating for the two starting pitchers when the one is on the road and other is at home. a poewr rating for each team on the road and at home, a rd/hm power rating for the bullpen ect.
unless all theses different aspects have already been factored into todays game and the 106 rating for minny and the 86 rating for the sox is the final rating for todays game then who knows what has been taken into consideration in order to come up with that rating for each team

Old Post 07-06-07 07:17 PM
freeneasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freeneasy Click here to Send freeneasy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
KCFAN68
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Coach

I was trying to incorporate them as we did in the Smokey system. The problem is in baseball that the only thing that matters is Pitching IMO.

I have found that Dunkel is a good source for Rating each Pitcher

G/L

Ron

Old Post 07-07-07 12:24 AM
KCFAN68 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCFAN68 Click here to Send KCFAN68 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: