StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Smokey System 3/30
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Smokey System 3/30

Just one play right now.

94 Bucks
91 Bobcats -5

Maybe more to come when the other lines come out.

since 2/1

Standard 18-18
Expanded 37-30-1

Record as of 3/11

Standard 2-4
Expanded 8-10

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 03-30-07 02:14 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ok. I'm definitely playing the Bucks tonight. The Bobcats have some ridiculously awful ATS record with exactly one day off. I don't remeber the numbers, but if you look it up you will be impressed. Bucks and the points.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 05:16 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FM

Another tough call. The game estimator has Charlotte winning by a point 101-100. It also has Milwaukee covering 579 times out of 1,000 games played. Here's the article that pretains to todays game:

Bucks try to remain perfect against Bobcats* ========================================
=====

Milwaukee (25-45) at Charlotte (27-45) 7:00 pm EDT

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) - The Milwaukee Bucks try to remain perfect all-time against the Charlotte Bobcats when the teams meet Friday.

Milwaukee has won all nine meetings against Charlotte, which entered the NBA in 2004-05. The Bucks have won both contests this season.

The Bucks are the only Eastern Conference team that never has lost to the Bobcats.

However, the Bobcats could be catching the Bucks at the right time. Milwaukee has lost four straight games, including a woeful 2-20 stretch on the road.

The Bobcats enter this contest seeking their fourth win in six games.

After missing 15 games with a strained calf, Emeka Okafor returned to the lineup in the Bobcats' 101-87 win over Atlanta on Wednesday. Gerald Wallace returned from a one-game hiatus and continued his breakout season by collecting 31 points, nine rebounds, and six blocks.

Looks like the Bobcats have returned some key players and the Bucks have lost a couple. Looks to me like the Bobcats can end this perfet streak tonight and probably will according to the oddsmakers. Giving 4-4.5 does pose a problem, but I think the Bobcats come into this to get the monkey off their backs with a very vulnerable Bucks squad right now. Time for the 'cats to put up or shut up.

I like the play FM

Old Post 03-30-07 07:36 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Oh, more fuel for the Fire

There are a total of 6 Super Situations that favor the Bobcats.
None for the Bucks. Here's the one that I think comes into play:

Play On - Home favorites of 3.5 to 9.5 points (CHARLOTTE) - after beating the spread by 36 or more points total in their last five games, second half of the season.
(65-34 over the last 5 seasons.) (65.7%, +27.6 units)

Bet, sit, watch and hope.

Old Post 03-30-07 07:43 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MILWAUKEE is 9-0 straight up against CHARLOTTE over the last 3 seasons

I think this would be a good spot for charlotte. Okafor just came back and milwaukee has to many injuries. I like it.

I'm like a walking accident.
Everywhere I go, I wreck.

Old Post 03-30-07 07:59 PM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

crap

Just when I think I've got an easy play, blammo! No SS's for the bucks, hmm? Well, I know that my man Earl Boykins is healthy and will get some minutes and he will go off. So I'm going to stick with the Bucks. Logic be damned. It got me no where last night, I know.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 11:12 PM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bucks line has dropped from +5 to +4.5. I still think it's the right side tonight. I'm also going to play the mavs OVER 187. The OVER is 6-1 in their last seven home games in which the mavs are double digit favorites.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 11:16 PM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FM

I went with Charlotte, I didn't want to sway your decision, so I didn't say anything till now. I stuck with the system and the Super Situations.

Old Post 03-31-07 03:21 AM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I appreciate your deferrence on the matter. Oh well. Next I will roll with the SS's. Thanks for the help Craiger. Mavs over is looking to bail me out anyway.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 03:45 AM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If I was the type to do so, I'd hit the half over 95.5.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 03:49 AM
Silky808

fire...

you got a score?? i only show us up 6 after td with 42 left

"you win some and lose some, but hopefully you win more than you lose"

Old Post 03-31-07 03:51 AM
Silky808 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Silky808 Click here to Send Silky808 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Silky808

sorry...

wrong post guys... meant to be in the afl

"you win some and lose some, but hopefully you win more than you lose"

Old Post 03-31-07 03:52 AM
Silky808 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Silky808 Click here to Send Silky808 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FM

I went with Houston in the first half -1. I like the trends favoring it:

HOUSTON is 17-7 against the 1st half line (+9.3 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game this season.
The average score was HOUSTON 51.0, OPPONENT 45.7 - (Rating = 1*)

HOUSTON 100 50 37-83 44.6% 9-24 38.1% 17-23 73.6% 53 11 12
LA LAKERS 94 47 35-81 43.0% 8-22 33.6% 17-22 76.2% 51 10 14

You still have time, gl man

Old Post 03-31-07 04:20 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: