StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Services ~ Mon ~GOY's...INDY!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
trapgame

Services ~ Mon ~GOY's...INDY!

NorthCoast Phil Steele

GOY

Indy -3

according to his line this is not a 5*
=============================
Marc Lawrence

*5 Playbook Game Of The Year

Indianapolis
============================
Ron Meyer

MNF GOY

INDY
====================================
dr bob:

colts -3
==========
Langs Free Pick

Under colts/cinn
=====================
linemover
-4.7 units for football
-0.9 units for baskets

Nfl:
Cin +3.5
Over 54.5

Cbb:
Tenn -3

=========================
John Fina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indianapolis Colts--3.5 units

Confirmed.
========================
Al McMordie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indianapolis Colts--3*

Confirmed
======================
Docs

4 Unit Play. #32 Take Indianapolis -3 over Cincinnati (Monday 8:30 pm ESPN) The Colts defense has been getting ripped in the papers for the past two weeks, but we expect them to take out the frustration and put forth a good effort in front of a national audience. Both teams have dominating offense, but the Colts still have a excellent opportunity to secure a bye and home field advantage for one game in the playoffs. Getting them at only a field goal is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Indy pulls away late to win this game by double digits, giving us both the side and totals play winner.

4 Unit Play. #32 Take Under 54½ in Cincinnati @ Indianapolis (Monday 8:30 pm ESPN) The total on this game just keeps climbing and now is absurd for an NFL game, when the clock runs on first downs and out of bounds plays. Indy pulls away late to win by double digits, but the total only climbs into the high forties.
==============================
Dave Malinsky

4 units-- Old Dominion
===========================
Ted Sevransky

Sport: National Basketball Assoc.

Game: Utah Jazz @ New York Knicks on Dec 18 2006 7:30PM

Prediction: Utah Jazz

Reason: It’s not hard to bet against the Knicks when they step up in class, particularly when they faced well coached, disciplined squads like the Jazz team they’ll face on Monday Night. The Knicks have almost no home court advantage, routinely booed in a half full Madison Square Garden. Isiah Thomas’s team is 4-10 straight up, 4-10 against the spread playing at home this season. They have only one win all year against an opponent with a winning record, and that came back in the first week of the season, at Denver. And with possible suspensions looming for a handful of key players following the ugly brawl at the end of another ugly loss on Saturday night, the Knicks are likely to be short handed as well.

Utah has been winning games and covering pointspreads on the road all season long, including a solid ten point win at Indiana on Sunday afternoon. The Jazz have been just fine on the second night of back-2-back games, with wins against the Suns, Warriors and Bucks already this season in this role. It’s hard to picture a coaching mismatch from a tactical standpoint greater than the Jerry Sloan/Isiah Thomas matchup that we’ll see here. And, after getting swept by the lowly Knicks in each of the last two seasons, we can expect Utah to bring their ‘A’ game this time around, road chalk worth laying. Take the Jazz
========================================
==
NORM HITZGES

single plays:

Cincy +3 vs Indy
Cincy/Indy Over 54.5
==============================
VALLEY SPORTS

NBA BASKETBALL PICK
Monday 12-18-2006
New Jersey Over Golden St

CBB BASKETBALL PICK
Monday 12-18-2006
UAB Over Old Dominion
=============================
John Fina

Football for December 18, 2006

NFL - 3.5 units on Indianapolis Colts -2.5 (-125)

Cincinnati AT Indianapolis Game Notes:

Key NEVER LOST Winning Angle...

NL Winning Angle: Play ON [In this case the Indianapolis Colts] Monday night NFL home teams that are off back-to-back road games versus an opponent off a double-digit home win if the opponent has won 18 or more of their last 32 games SU. This Key Angle is a Perfect 17-0 ATS!
===================================
Jimmy Boyd
New Orleans Hornets vs. Miami Heat (NBA) - Dec 18, 2006 7:35 PM EST
Play: Total: 179/-112 Over
Play Title:

1 Unit on Hornets Over 179 With this line falling short of 180 the bookmakers have set the bar too low and we'll make our play on the Over for a unit. All teams where the total is between 170 and 179.5 after 2 straight losses by 10 points or more are 57-25 Over the last 5 seasons. Smart money is on the Over.
========================================

Big Al McMordie
Seattle Supersonics vs. Memphis Grizzlies (NBA) - Dec 18, 2006 8:05 PM EST
Play: Point Spread: -4/-110 Memphis Grizzlies
Play Title:

At 8 pm, our complimentary selection is on the Memphis Grizzlies over Seattle. The Grizz got their superstar Pau Gasol back on Friday night. He scored 4 points in limited minutes on Friday and then looked better Saturday when he put in 9 points. He'll be even stronger tonight against Seattle, and the Sonics will be a bit tired after playing at Detroit last night. Look for Memphis to snap its 6 game losing streak tonight. Take the Grizzlies. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.
=====================================
Kelso Sturgeon Football

For Monday, December 18, 2006

10 Units

Cincinnati Bengals (+3) over INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Prediction: Cincinnati by 7-10

======================================
Brandon Lane..lang .Dink
30 DIME

Cincinnati Bengals

10 DIME

Oklahoma State

Note:
Wow. If's and butt's, if they were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry christmas.

Sometimes this business will break your heart and bring you to your knees and other times it will give you a high that will take you to the heavens.

Yesterday, I experienced both.

My top play as you all know was the Bills, a complete domination as perfectly analyzed. As soon as they went up 14-0, I was on cloud 9 and quickly switched over to pull in the Ravens.

Well, I was quickly brought down to earth when the Browns tied it at 17 only to watch the Ravens go deep and make it 24-17. Ok, may have a shot here.

Then, with just over 3 minutes to go and 1st and goal at the Browns 6, they run Jamaal Lewis to the 1, setting up 2nd and goal at the 1.

They run him into the line for no gain on 2nd down and try a QB draw with Boller on 3rd and goal from the 2 and settle for the field goal.

I knew right then, it was not destined to be my day yesterday.

In the afternoon, we saw what happened to the Cardinals, just flat out the wrong side, no qualms about that.

The icing on the cake was what happened in the Chiefs game down 7-3 early in the 2nd quarter. KC blocks the punt at the Chargers 10 yard line and the ball carrys past the line of scrimmage.

Instead of falling on it, the KC player tries to pick it up and run it in, he fumbles, the Chargers recover and get a new set of downs and LT reels off an 85 yard TD run on the very next play and for all intense and purposes, the cover, regardless of all the squandered opportunities KC had the rest of the way.

All told, a 1-3 day that could have very easily been a 3-1 day, a 5th straight winning week and all is well in the world.

However, somethings just aren't meant to be and you have to accept that and just move forward. If you came on board the last few days I understand your frustration, believe me, you have no idea how frustrated I feel from Sunday.

I guess "unsatisfied" would be the best way to explain it.

The best analogy would be you won the lotto along with 25 other people but were 1 number away from 100 million.

So that is all I have to say about Sunday. As I said on the outside, you can never be unhappy with back to back winning days with #3 in a row staring us in the face tonight.

Oh, but what could have been.

BENGALS
Now, I am not a head coach or offensive coordinator in the NFL, although I should be considering the stupidity I witness on a consistent basis.

So with that said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what the key is for Cincy to win this game tonight.

RUN THE FOOTBALL - MOVE THE CHAINS - WIN TIME OF POSSESSION

KEEP INDY OFFENSE OFF FIELD - LIMIT THEIR OFFENSIVE OPPORTUNITIES

The Colts just gave up 375 yards on the ground in Week 12 of the NFL. Their run defense is getting worse as the season is progressing, not getting better. That is what happens when you are last in the league at stopping the run.

You see, teams are supposed to improve as the season wears on, not get worse. That is the case with these two teams tonight.

Then Bengals have gotten healthy and have been getting progressively better the last 5 weeks.

I actually take you back to the Charger game at home, a game they jumped out to a 28-7 lead only to get caught up in the helter skelter comeback of San Diego in the 2nd half and lost a shootout.

They didn't stay down about blowing that 3 touchdown lead in that game. Instead, they came away with a renewed confidence and it has shown.

They have reeled off 4 in a row in all dominant efforts. At New Orleans 31-16, at Cleveland 30-0, Ravens at home 13-7 and the Raiders 27-10 in a game that should have been 45-10.

I want you people to really understand something right now. You can't be an elite team in the NFL if you can't stop the run. It is not going to happen.

Indy is bottoming out and that is the exact reason why. They can't put teams away because they don't have the ball. That is the reason why in their last 5 games, they were lucky to win 2 of them.

They struggled to beat Buffalo 17-16, lost to Dallas 21-14, beat a Philly team that can't stop the run themselves, then lost the last 2 weeks to Tennessee and Jacksonville, both of whom did exactly as I stated above, ran the ball right down their throat and beat them.

Indy is in trouble folks. Big trouble and there is nothing they could have possibly have done in the last 7 days since the J'ville game to correct their problems.

Seriously, let me put into perspective what happens to a team that gives up 375 yards on the ground in week 12 of the NFL. You are done.

You are not going to all of a sudden find new players to stop it. You are not going to go down to the beach and find a Genie bottle, rub it and Barbara Eden is going to pop out and grant you 3 wishes, one of which you will use to have her help you stop the run.

I have been calling Indy out all year saying to anybody who would listen that if you can't stop the run, eventually that is going to destroy you. It is happening right before our very eyes.

Lastly, I know about the statisitic that Cincy has the worst pass defense in Pro football. Yes, that may have been true early on folks, but in the last 3 ballgames they have gotten people healthy and it has shown.

One more thing about Cincy's pass defense. This entire year you know how many times they have given up over 300 yards passing? Twice in 12 ballgames. Only twice.

So them being last is not as last as that statistic would lead you to believe.

I am all over Cincy tonight and don't be suprised to see them win this game outright.

30 Dime Bengals

Oklahoma State basketball analysis up and running in less than 30 minutes.

Old Post 12-18-06 11:13 PM
trapgame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trapgame Click here to Send trapgame a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NORTHCOAST has Indy? Damn...isn't he on, like, a 2-17 reverse run in the nfl lately? That doesn't bode well.

Old Post 12-19-06 12:49 AM
AkiraWulf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AkiraWulf Click here to Send AkiraWulf a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: