StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Rough Day Guys
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
player1

Rough Day Guys

SEEMS LIKE WE ALL TOOK IT ON THE CHIN TODAY.OH WELL WE LIVE TO PLAY ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!

Old Post 12-18-06 02:18 AM
player1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for player1 Click here to Send player1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yes they do play the star spangled banner somewhere tomorrow

Old Post 12-18-06 02:19 AM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WarEagle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Funny how things work! I had my best month ever in November and then this week I decide to up my unit play. And WHAM! Sent right back down to earth. Oh well. I'm still winning! But I took a hit today.

Old Post 12-18-06 02:28 AM
WarEagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarEagle Click here to Send WarEagle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
duckman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It wasn't that bad a day. Some did really well. Others not so well. I guess if you were a sheep today, it was a bad day.

Old Post 12-18-06 02:32 AM
duckman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duckman Click here to Send duckman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Been there

You'll be back as always, and winning

Old Post 12-18-06 03:23 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dr.Fill

Duckman

I guess you get the cool guy trophy of the day for being so ahead of "the sheep". FYI, have some class and shut up when your fellow den'rs wear it.

Handicapping...may cause uncontrolable rage, sweating, hot flashes and/or profuse language. Use as directed

Old Post 12-18-06 04:41 AM
Dr.Fill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Fill Click here to Send Dr.Fill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Potoroinae
Banned User

no we all didnt, 3-0 here for myself.

Brisbane, Australia
G'day mate....!

Old Post 12-18-06 04:43 AM
Potoroinae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Potoroinae Click here to Send Potoroinae a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FSUMike

0-3 for me on the day. Tough tough day with some bad breaks, no worries though......will bounce back and get em tomorrow.

Old Post 12-18-06 05:31 AM
FSUMike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FSUMike Click here to Send FSUMike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
duckman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dr. Fill

Never said that I had a great day. I said that some did. There are some in here that are really good cappers (I have NEVER claimed to one) that don't get the recognition they deserve. I'm going to guess that you're not a sheep; but maybe you are a shill. And there are plenty of those around, too.

Old Post 12-18-06 05:49 AM
duckman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duckman Click here to Send duckman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dr.Fill

Duckman

You just came off like kind of a dik with your post. It sounded like "Hey I am smarter then the rest of you, so enjoy your **** sandwich" If that was not your intention then I apologize. For the record I am far from a shill...just trying to put some winning weeks together like everyone else.

Handicapping...may cause uncontrolable rage, sweating, hot flashes and/or profuse language. Use as directed

Old Post 12-18-06 06:51 AM
Dr.Fill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Fill Click here to Send Dr.Fill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rootstk

Had an 0-2 day yesterday, but could have been worse. I have learned never to bet on or against Minnesota.

Williamsburg, Va

Old Post 12-18-06 05:06 PM
rootstk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rootstk Click here to Send rootstk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
duckman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just another point of view

I'm repeatedly amused by having a different opinion paints one (in certain instances) to be a bleepity-bleep. So, first, Dr. Fill, there is no need to apologize as long you understand that I wasn't bashing. It's ironic, though, this isn't the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last.

Since the post was vague, maybe I should explain myself. I read how many were having a bad day and the first thought that came to mind was that too many people were tailing and not enough are doing their own handicapping (strictly interpreting this). Which leads to this question; what is a bad day? A bad day should never be (again, in my opinion) more than 0-2 or 0-3. Once you go beyond this threshold, one is no longer playing 1 or 2 plays @ a time; one is trying to hit the home run with more than 3 runners on base. Then, one should be playing the parlays in an effort to get that 'big score'.

The second question has to do with money management. A day after going 0-4, 1-5, 1-6 and losing 10-20% of the bankroll is going to lead one to do what?

a) chase
b) quit
c) cuss and swear until the body is numb
d) up the ante trying to get it all back

None of these options seem too appealing (and by the way, I have done all of the above at least once). Discipline pays off in the long run.

So, if anyone is offended by being called a sheep, I apologize. To those who handicapped their own games and had a rough day, I apologize. To those who just come to the forum and blindly follow along, best of luck.

Duckman

Old Post 12-18-06 09:44 PM
aloha too

If you follow anyone blindly, you are nuts.
Do your own reserach, its your money. If you really like a side then you see someone u respect is on it as well, maybe lay down alittle extra cheddar. Those trends, this late in the year, get you poor, quick. They just dont take into account team attitude. I am convinced if you searched hard enough, you could find strong trends for either side. Its really hard laying money on bad teams this late in the year no matter how many points they are getting.

This is no way an insult to anyone who took Oakland yesterday, really. I didnt bet the game either way but the worst team in the nfl is a favorite? There are guys on the street that are better qbs than Brooks, I believe that. They quit before the seaosn started, the players said so.

But what the hell do I know? I had Baltimore laying 12 yesterday. They get in the end zone late I have a 3 g week, they dont I have a 1500 week. What u gonna do?

Old Post 12-18-06 09:54 PM
aloha too is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aloha too Click here to Send aloha too a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: