StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Blocked punt...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Goose98

Blocked punt...

What a joke call...

Old Post 12-18-06 03:33 AM
Goose98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goose98 Click here to Send Goose98 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

doesnt seem right

Old Post 12-18-06 03:35 AM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
beachbum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

seriously.......

can someone explain the rule that gives the ball back to a team that had a punt blocked......that seems ridiculous to me.

-from a disgrunteld kc backer......

Old Post 12-18-06 03:36 AM
beachbum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beachbum Click here to Send beachbum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Goose98

that rule has to be changed. That is just wrong

Goose98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goose98 Click here to Send Goose98 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WarEagle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Want to explain that rule to me?

WarEagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarEagle Click here to Send WarEagle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

rules are rules, I think a similar thing happend in a cowboys game back when they had aikman and emmitt

Old Post 12-18-06 03:43 AM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

THAT IS A KILLER.....BEING I HAVE KC...MONEYLINE AND SPREAD....WHAT A CRAPPY RULE...IT HAS BEEN THAT KIND OF DAY

Old Post 12-18-06 03:47 AM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

or it could have been a miami game from back then if I remember correctly, it may have been against the bills

Old Post 12-18-06 03:47 AM
Goose98

Trent Green scares me :)

Old Post 12-18-06 03:48 AM
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The rule is the rule and probably won't be changed. Because the ball went past the line of scrimmage, it was technically a ridiculously short punt, so when the KC lineman touched it, it made it a live ball, just like it would be if Dante Hall muffed it. Not every rule is perfect, you can only hope that calls like that balance out for your team over time. The Chiefs had plenty of other opportunities to win or at the least get the cover in that game and they failed to do so. Welcome to the Herm Edwards era, KC fans....

Old Post 12-18-06 03:15 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jason Fox

Don't blame the rule. Blame the player that does not know the rules. The ball was touched past the line of scrimmage making it a live ball.

Old Post 12-18-06 07:24 PM
Jason Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Fox Click here to Send Jason Fox a Private Message Edit post   Report post
duckman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Isn't this similiar

to the Thanksgiving game between Miami and Dallas when Leon Lett? touched the ball after a blocked field goal attempt? And didn't Miami go on to win that game in the snow?

Old Post 12-18-06 07:31 PM
duckman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duckman Click here to Send duckman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: