StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Anybody look at Montana-LMU?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox Steve
Administrator

Anybody look at Montana-LMU?

Seems to be a lot of reasons to think that Montana should win this one comfortably:

StatFox Super Situations favoring MONTANA to cover the spread
Play On - A favorite (MONTANA) - off an upset win as a home underdog against opponent off a home win by 10 points or more.
(61-20 since 1997.) (75.3%, +39 units. Rating = 4*)

StatFox Game Estimator - Montana 83 LMU 70, with a 51.5%-39.4% field goal percentage edge. MONTANA is 34-7 ATS (+26.3 Units) when they make 47% to 53% of their shots in a game since 1997.

StatFox Matchup Power Trends against similar type opponents favoring MONTANA to cover the spread
MONTANA is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in home games when playing against a bad team (Win Pct. 20% to 40%) since 1997. The average score was MONTANA 73.4, OPPONENT 63.4 - (Rating = 0*)

StatFox Situational Power Trends favoring MONTANA to cover the spread
MONTANA is 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) in home games after 1 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons. The average score was MONTANA 77.0, OPPONENT 64.2 - (Rating = 2*)

Any locals got a good feel for this game, because the numbers sure point to the Grizzlies...??

Steve

Old Post 12-07-05 12:23 AM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
goldenstar
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very Nice call. I just missed it by tip off time.

Old Post 12-07-05 04:53 AM
goldenstar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for goldenstar Click here to Send goldenstar a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

StatFox Steve :

Montana Social Club ...... did!

" ;) "

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 12-07-05 05:02 AM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cashmoney
StatFox Hall of Famer

I was on this one tonight! After they pounded Stanford by 19 I was confident they could beat LM easily!

One thing I don't understand is why the line moved from -7 to -5.5 by game time! All that did was make me throw more down!

Best of Luck

Old Post 12-07-05 05:06 AM
cashmoney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cashmoney Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: