StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > GolfPro and a few others...wanna play?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
J-Rock

GolfPro and a few others...wanna play?

No...really, I'm not trying to be that big of an *******. I have stated that my best sport is baseball run lines in the old statfox forum. What's wrong with me calling a capper out? I don't normally post anymore, but I still read the forum. Anyway point is that everyone has been asking about 'winning plays' and who can cap them. I told you guys early today to take every DOG +1' runs. I also played every over as well. I made a decent amount of money, and I probably wont be betting the rest of the week. But I knew people would bet the favorite pitchers at crazy lines(Boston - 300, Atlanta-200, Arizona-250). Anyway, what's wrong with a little competition? If I am as good as I say and GolfPro is as good as yall say(I'm southern so it is 'yall') then everyone wins money. He doesn't have to leave your precious little forum when he loses. You SHEEP would be lost. It's all fun and games, so let the contest begin. State the rules and we start. Let the first 5 people to post there names under this post qualify as well. GolfPro and myself already included. Bragging rights and RESPECT only. Who is in?
J-Rock

Old Post 04-01-03 06:46 AM
J-Rock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Rock Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

oh what the heck, i'll play along with ya.

Old Post 04-01-03 06:51 AM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
defcon

The contest may be a bit premature. Wouldn't it be wise to wait until all teams have played a few games to get a better grasp of their potential ?

Old Post 04-01-03 06:58 AM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

the beginning of the season is where you can make the most money and take advantage of those huge + lines

Old Post 04-01-03 06:59 AM
defcon

Behooooooooooold, Lord CJB has spoken ;-)

Old Post 04-01-03 07:01 AM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

bow your head!

Old Post 04-01-03 07:03 AM
J-Rock

I couldn't agree more. I made good in every sport (Hockey-CJB, Football NCAA/NFL, and especially basketball NCAA/NBA) this year as the season began. The new season brings new gamblers, so VEGAS pumps ridiculious odds on the favorites b/c everyone loves to take them. It's harder for me because as the year progresses the lines are adjusted accordingly. You have to exploit the errors early. To me gambling is only about numbers and math, not the individual players themselves. I bet on points scored and not scored. It's really almost to simple at times. The public is usually wrong, and if you don't believe me visit the Biggreenmachine.net. Check out the public plays. I normaly FADE the top 4 or 5. You all would be surprised at how wrong the betting public is. Hope I can open some eyes and ears around hear.......Sheep are easily led....

Old Post 04-01-03 07:11 AM
J-Rock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Rock Edit post   Report post
J-Rock

ohhh, defcon will not be part of this contest. Nothing worse than a gun shy gambler. Better yet post your plays so we can FADE them all. You think just like JOE PUBLIC......ahhh great point ehh?

Old Post 04-01-03 07:15 AM
GolfPro
StatFox Hall of Famer

J Rock

Dude...You've NEVER posted a winner here...............EVER

Check the archives.............YOU NEVER posted anything that resembled a winner.......and now you are some GURU.

Sit on the sidelines and watch like CJB does.......or better yet....aspire like CJB to be 55%...LOL

Absolute losers!

When Vigkiller tried this last time you went 0-3 and ran like the little girl that you are........LOL

Now all of a sudden we are supposed to see you as some GURU

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEE

LOL

LOL

LOL

Old Post 04-01-03 07:19 AM
GolfPro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GolfPro Edit post   Report post
J-Rock

Actually Vigkiller is a close friend of mine. I am no GURU, and as a matter of fact I don't even place wagers anymore (couldn't resist opening day!) I hold them. You can't beat Vegas. HOUSE ALWAYS WINS. Sure you will get lucky everynow and then, but seriously...unless you bet 1000's and only a few games a week, YOU WILL LOOSE MONEY. I didn't even play the games I posted last season. Do you think most of the forum really bets the games they post? Do you think most of the forum even plays the amount of units they say? You may, but I assure you that the people in this forum aren't who you think they are. I know from a close friend of mine that several people that post have very small offshore accounts and POST several unit plays when in fact they bet 25.00-50.00 a game. I am just trying to help you guys understand how the process works and then you can think about what teams are playing. Hell it really doesn't matter what teams play.....we are betting on point scored. It is that simple. And GolfPro no offense, you may post winners from time to time.But I would bet that you loose games not posted and win posted games you never play...............

Old Post 04-01-03 07:30 AM
defcon

J-Rock

Let me simply that my handicapping style is not as crude as yours : Heyyyyyy, guys. Go ahead and bet on all the underdogs. I did last year and I made some money, duuuuuuudes "

Pfffffffff, no knowledge in rocket science is needed to adopt such a crude and primitive style of betting.

Until the day your record will speak for itself, shove it, will you

Old Post 04-01-03 07:31 AM
GolfPro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Actually...........LOL

Unlike some here..........I ACTUALLY play the games I post and its no secret how I play them.

I have offshore money and I play amounts PROBABLY a little bigger than some here.....Im not that close to players in here to know that for sure.

I play bigger ML'S and am satisfied with what they bring me.......I have a few losers but I make up for them.

Ive told many people many times that they should play their own plays and steer away from mine due to the amounts required.

Ive known for awhile that some players have no plays at all for what they post....LIKE YOURSELF!

Which is why I will not get into a competition with you.

I WILL CONTINUE TO POST WHAT I LIKE AND WHAT I PLAY AND IF IT HELPS PEOPLE THAN SO BEIT............IF NOT OH WELL.

gp

Old Post 04-01-03 07:36 AM
GolfPro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GolfPro Edit post   Report post
J-Rock

That's it exactly. I will never have a record you MORON. I don't place wagers. I hold them now. I am a small local book, but we still manange to AVERAGE 500.00 a week between myself and my partner. My players also pay for picks. I don't care. They may win big once or twice a week, but once again I assure you they loose big as well. If CJB can pick 55% that is amazing to me. I have said before I played his picks the begging of the hockey season. He won me a lot of money. It of coarse was in the old forum and I posted as Pitbull then. ANYWAY, I am just trying to help some of guys out. I lost a small fourtune trying to handicapp games myself. Now I let other people pay me what I would still be loosing........****IN' SHEEP.

Old Post 04-01-03 07:39 AM
defcon

$500 a week ???? No wonder

I am dealing with a bookie on welfare. No wonder LOL

Old Post 04-01-03 07:43 AM
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

First of all i've been picking NHL at 60%, 2nd of all I pick MLB at 55% last season, but........I do it picking on + lines in the MLB. You see what our idiotic friend Golf-prag doesn't, nor will ever realize that in baseball capping, It doesn't matter what your W/L record is, it's about how many units you're up. Any moron can pick -350 lines at over 60% but only a moron would think he's making good money doing this, which is what golf-foddler is.

Old Post 04-01-03 07:44 AM
GolfPro
StatFox Hall of Famer

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDD LOL

$500 a week....................LOL

Enough said...........................Dude ............I am so sorry we EVER got into this argument......Accept my apologies.

You have just summed it all up for me........................a NICKEL is one of my SMALLEST wagers...........Im sorry Ive confused posts in here and its time that I realixe that players do not spend the same as others.

No harm Rock no foul.

We can be friends.............!!!

Don't look at my posts the same way anymore though......when I chase a loser its for REAL MONEY

Old Post 04-01-03 07:44 AM
J-Rock

Wasn't there a player called Hairball who used to bet 100000 unit plays? He would often win his plays, but no one believed he played that much...except you right? We don't really need a contest anyway. I will read your posts and everyone elses posts as I usually do time to time...and laugh at how confident your play is and how well written it sounds, only to see it lost. For some strange reason I feel better for telling you guys what I do now. I was hoping to help some of you forum members to realize you won't win in the long run and not to follow people you don't even know their real names.....but that's why they say gambling is a sickness isn't it.

Old Post 04-01-03 07:45 AM
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

Boston on the ML....Pound it!!!

LOL!!!!

Old Post 04-01-03 07:45 AM
J-Rock

I am a 22 year old college student. To me 500.00 a week to do absolutely NOTHING is pretty good. Like I said, I have a partner so we split the profit. We also lay a sum off to another book to cover our ass. I have 5-8 players a week and usually have 2-3 thousand on the board any given night. It's all good. You may play what you say your units are......Not all of us are Trustfund Baby's that bet with money we didn't earn. You make it out to sound as if you've gotten rich from betting....doubt it.

Old Post 04-01-03 07:50 AM
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

JR, you're going to find that a lot of idiots lie about their record, earnings and bankroll on here. It's truely pathetic if you ask me. The purpose of this place is to exchange information and statistics with other cappers, too bad 90% of the self proclaimed millionaires on here will never realize that.

Old Post 04-01-03 07:55 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: