StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > is it just more of me being a loser...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
teru113

is it just more of me being a loser...

or is every time i have a good feeling about a wager it winds up losing and when i have butterflies in my stomache about a wager it winds up winning,... sheshh

Old Post 04-20-10 05:01 AM
teru113 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teru113 Click here to Send teru113 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

JustDave a former member made a mint on Monday Night Football using the exact same theory. I cant remember the exact name, but as the comfort level of the wager went down, the size of the wager went up. The hard bets to make are the winners.

Old Post 04-20-10 05:04 AM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
teru113

ah HA! there is scientific data prove this! lol.. so from now on i will be fading myself. every game that seems :
like a winner on paper and
i feel good about it,
i will do the opposite!

furthermore, no picking side while drunk!

Old Post 04-20-10 05:14 AM
teru113 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teru113 Click here to Send teru113 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tmc771
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tex

right on....... Dave used a PCF= Personal Comfort Factor............ 10 being extremely comfortable(and passing on the game)........ Justdave used this to measure his comfort level on MNF games....... he is still around.... send me a private message if you would like to see where.... gl all

Old Post 04-20-10 05:52 AM
tmc771 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmc771 Click here to Send tmc771 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Keep your chin up teru. Things usually come around, just a bad streak for you I'm sure. BTW, I've been on a bad one myself for the last week or so.

"furthermore, no picking side while drunk!"

Excellent idea. I've been bitten myself once or twice.

BOL

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 04-20-10 01:40 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
scout1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am a perfect example of this!!

Loved saturdays card and went 3-8
Thursday 9-2 and never felt good about it!

It will turn, just have to keep firing

Old Post 04-20-10 02:24 PM
scout1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scout1 Click here to Send scout1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

as long as

were venting:

i'm 4-6-1
2 losses were ahead in 9th--down in flames
1 loss ex inn
last nite ov kc/tor was EXCRUCIATING landing on 9--had more chances than carter has liver pills.

i think this is the aspect of this that is addicting.

dire straits said it best, somedays you're the windshield, somedays you're the bug.

Old Post 04-20-10 05:01 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

teru

hang in there, this is a terrible time for me as well
GL

Old Post 04-20-10 06:19 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
teru113

thanks for the uplifting comments guys! but holy cow must be Murphy's law kicking in... because this is one hell of slide all of us are going through...

Old Post 04-20-10 11:15 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: