StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > quick hedge question
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

quick hedge question

I have a hundy on a three teamer i put in at work for shts and giggles on oak, sd, and sea. (knocks wood) this will pay off over 4 hunj...if sea beats laa back to back.

sd and oak look good, i need seattle...so how much do i hedge. take laa for 200 on the ML so I'm up at least a hundy if parlays shts the bed.

let it roll...i'm up this week anyway. i like seattle, but parlays are a joke anyway. i could even risk 400+ on laa ML, still getting it at +104 right nowk, and say eff the 100 anyway...

thoughts...suggestions? have about 10-15 mins.

Old Post 09-03-09 12:27 AM
Garrrdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrrdock Click here to Send Garrrdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Prime Time
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I always hear people say take the guarantee. Bet the 200 on LAA? I thinks Seattle wins this but...

Money?

GL!!!

Up front there ought to be a man in black.

Old Post 09-03-09 12:34 AM
Prime Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time Click here to Send Prime Time a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thx PT

I had out the calculator and a piece of paper and just put what I'd lose on the parlay to get my money back. The parlay was for entertainment value anyway, and I got my entertainment watching yahoo gametracker on all these games.

Cubs was nice earlier and its not the end of the world if sea can't smash it. still finalizing final plays for tonight. Lets go Hernandez!

Old Post 09-03-09 12:44 AM
Garrrdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrrdock Click here to Send Garrrdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markmark
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Prime is right, take the free cash...

I know that if I was in your situation I'd be dumb and try to ride it out for the four. But being on the outside looking in, take the cash. See it as someone walking down the street and just handing you money because that's what it is, free money...

Old Post 09-03-09 12:45 AM
markmark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markmark Click here to Send markmark a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

If you like Kasmir (who has a good record against the M
's), then go 200, if not then just 100 and guarantee a profit.

GL whatever you decide to do sir.

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 09-03-09 12:46 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lemgreen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Same as always,

there's only one question to ask. Would you bet the amount now at risk to win the last game in your parlay: You now have at risk over $400. Would you bet $400+ on the last game? If not, hedge. If you would bet that amount on the last game, then let it ride. For most of us, the answer would be---hedge,

Good luck.

Lem

Old Post 09-03-09 01:43 AM
lemgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lemgreen Click here to Send lemgreen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Getch13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Guaranteed money

My two cents

Never turn down guaranteed money. Sharps spend hours shopping lines and totals just looking to middle plays.

BOL
Getch

Old Post 09-03-09 02:34 AM
Getch13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Getch13 Click here to Send Getch13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ended

up working alright sirs. thanks for the input as always. If colorado can pick the pace it could turn into a really nice night.

Old Post 09-03-09 03:58 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: