StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > I'm in the movies...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in the movies...

This was a great story, prior to the start of the forth quarter of a game the entire stadium would stand and hold up one hand with fingers spread.

We look forward to an exciting home game against Duke and appreciate your support of the Deacs in this imporant ACC match-up! The game-day environment at BB&T Field this Saturday will be truly unique, as the game will serve as a location setting for the filming of The Fifth Quarter, a Hollywood film about former Wake Forest football player John Abbate and his family.

As a season ticket holder, we wanted to make sure you were aware of the film production. Wake Forest invites all fans to stay in their seats after the game to participate in the shooting of several additional scenes.

We appreciate your help in bringing this story, which is close to the hearts of most Deacon fans, to the big screen. Go Deacs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fifth Quarter

Written by Rick Bieber, The Fifth Quarter tells the story of Jon Abbate and his family during Wake Forest's 2006 run to the ACC Championship and ensuing trip to the FedEx Orange Bowl.

As most Deacon fans remember, Abbate was Wake Forest's starting middle lineback in 2005. In February 2006, Jon's younger brother, Luke was severly injured in an auto accident. His family made the gut-wrenching decision to donate his organs and five strangers benefited from Luke's donation. Jon Abbate changed his jersey number from 40 to 5 and at the season opener sought out his parents, Steve and Maryanne, to hold up five fingers as a tribute to Luke. Deacon fans throughout the stadium followed suite.

Alan Cohen and former football letterman Bob McCreary are serving as executive producers. Aidan Quinn (Law & Order SVU, Third Watch) will portray Steve Abbate while Andie MacDowell (Groundhog Day, Multiplicity) will play Maryanne Abbate. The role of Jon Abbate will be played by Ryan Merriman (The Client, The Pretender).

Old Post 10-30-08 09:39 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

wow, that is some story. I will look for the film. GL Wake vs. Duke!

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-31-08 12:01 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

http://www.the5thquartermovie.com/links.html

Old Post 11-04-08 12:15 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks for the link. Glad your team won.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-04-08 12:31 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Which one is you

Old Post 11-04-08 12:32 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You have to look hard, but I'm...

The guy with the green shirt on and I'm holding onto my son's Deacon Dog while he puts on his jacket.

Old Post 11-04-08 02:22 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: