StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > So, would you consider this a bad beat
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

So, would you consider this a bad beat

I have under 4.5 for the first 5 innings in the KC game.

4-0 bottom of the 5th and KC has two outs with an 0-2 count.

A hit
A wild pitch that moves the runner to 2nd
0-2 count on the next hitter and walks.
0-2 count on the next hitter and he gets a hit and a run scores

Just had to share that with the den.

Old Post 05-09-08 03:44 AM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

wow..Isnt it funny how each sport has its own individual quirks on beating you in the most unbelievable ways possible. This situation may never happen again in baseball there are so many possible scenarios. I doubt if there is a way to track this but I guess what Im getting at is that is a flat out aweful way to lose and would qualify as the worst of the worst when considering bad beats..

Old Post 05-09-08 03:47 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
copperblue
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ha ha

I certainly do Lipps

Had the same play and was watching the ticker on my phone playing with my little girl. Both of us could not believe it :)

Tough one but we will get it back

Old Post 05-09-08 03:48 AM
copperblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for copperblue Click here to Send copperblue a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ethan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yep...That's a bad beat. I like to call them... $@%*!@#!

Old Post 05-09-08 03:53 AM
Ethan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ethan Click here to Send Ethan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

But wait there is more

Not a another single run was scored in the game.

Speechless

Old Post 05-09-08 05:00 AM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

lippsman that makes me sick and I didnt even wager on it..you are owed one for sure

Old Post 05-09-08 05:05 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Illinoid

That was very sour my friend...I have one as equally nasty....Have a look at the Toronto under 9.5 and read the box score. My ass hurts...I need to get some ointment.

Old Post 05-09-08 05:12 AM
Illinoid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Illinoid Click here to Send Illinoid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hear ya........the Sad thing is that I had the Jays in this one. I wrote it off, got a huge break in the bottom of the 9th and the SOB's couldn't even get a lead off triple in to score to win the thing in the 10th

Old Post 05-09-08 05:27 AM
bfig

what i do to keep myself sane on those beats

is tell myself not to worry about it...it would have taken place whether I bet the game or not. sometimes it makes me feel better, usually not!! LOL!!

Old Post 05-09-08 05:56 AM
bfig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bfig Click here to Send bfig a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: