StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl Side
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
45Sharp

Super Bowl Side

Colts -7 (Even Money)

I like the colts in this one for two reasons. The first, as I have stated before on this forum, is that Rex Grossman struggles mightily against teams that run an efficient cover 2 defense. Rex had trouble beating sub-par teams like Minnesota & Tampa because of this, and the concept of the cover two defense alone will allow Indy to leave more people up to stop the run.

The Second reason is simply strength of schedule. Indy has had to work much harder to get here going through the Chiefs, Ravens, and Pats; on the other hand, the Bears have beaten a dome team outside in the snow, and the seafrauds. The NFC Flat out stinks this year, and this is comparable for the colts to running with weights on. Well, the colts are done with the NFC; therefore, its time to take off the weights and fly by the overrated Bears D.

Indys D is not the best, and the Bears will score some points; however, I don't expect the Bears D to be able to keep up with Indy in the second half. Indy pulls away in the second half to win this one 34-20.

Old Post 02-04-07 09:08 PM
45Sharp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 45Sharp Click here to Send 45Sharp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
45Sharp

Cover 2

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:02 AM
45Sharp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 45Sharp Click here to Send 45Sharp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: