StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Ignorant quotes...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox Steve
Administrator

Ignorant quotes...

With the interest drawn from yesterday's "A great man once said" thread, I thought I'd start one the other way, looking at quotes by famous folks that didn't exactly endear them to some fans!

Here's a few to start with:

"Yeah we make a lot, but we spend a lot too" - Former Knicks Center Patrick Ewing when being questioned about his involvement and patronage of a strip club in Atlanta

"Practice? Not a game, not a game, practice. Practice man, how silly is dat? - Allen Iverson, on sitting out of practice because of an injury

"Playoffs??? You kidding me?? Playoffs?? We'll be lucky to win another game!"- Jim Mora, when coaching Indy after a loss during a late season fade

"You know what FSU stands for, don't you? Free Shoes University." -Steve Spurrier, describing his love for the Seminoles

And another classic from Spurrier: telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored in yet." :-)

Steve

Old Post 07-19-05 07:02 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dynomite

RB George Rogers: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

Not sports but retiring rapper Eminem: "Sometimes I'm real cool, but sometimes I could be a real *******. I think everyone is like that."

dyn-o-MITE

Old Post 07-19-05 07:19 PM
dynomite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dynomite Edit post   Report post
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

There's a bunch in this thread :-)

http://www.statfox.com/forum/showthread~s~~threadid~13159.php

Old Post 07-19-05 09:27 PM
The Stevinator is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Stevinator Click here to Send The Stevinator a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

One of my favorites

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein." ~ Joe Theisman

Old Post 07-19-05 09:41 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MTPaid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Heard this one from a Pittsburgh announcer this year about
Mark Redman: "His ERA is much higher with runners in scoring
position this year than it is with the bases empty."

Old Post 07-19-05 10:32 PM
MTPaid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTPaid Click here to Send MTPaid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

Here's a good link for actor quotes and others: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/type/type_actor.html

I've always wondered about that Theisman quote, was he referring to Albert Einstein or Norman Esiason (Boomer), another genius (in his own mind anyway!)

Steve

Old Post 07-19-05 10:37 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

someone on espn was interviewing chris washburn???? and he asked him if he peferred going to the hole with his right or left hand and washburn??? replied "you know(they all have to have about 10 you knows in a sentence) it does not matter to me you know i am amphibius"

THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE FROM LAUGHING

Old Post 07-20-05 01:32 AM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: