StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NASCAR Goodyear 400
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

NASCAR Goodyear 400

Goodyear 400 betting at BetMGM

Favorites
▪️ Kyle Larson +400
▪️ Denny Hamlin +475
▪️ Martin Truex Jr. +650

Highest Ticket%
▪️ Truex Jr. 10.8%
▪️ Hamlin 7.3%
▪️ Ross Chastain 7.0%

Highest Handle%
▪️ Truex Jr. 21.3%
▪️ Hamlin 16.7%
▪️ Larson 11.0%

Old Post 05-11-24 01:34 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Looking Ahead to Sunday’s Goodyear 400 at Darlington

This coming Sunday will be NASCAR’s first stop this season at the famed 1.366-mile Darlington Raceway. Known by a couple famous nicknames such as the “Lady in Black”, and the track “Too Tough to Tame”, Darlington is considered one of the toughest and most grueling tracks on the circuit for drivers. Most drivers would describe it as physically challenging, and it’s very tough to go 293 laps around the oval without making a mistake or, more specifically, picking up a Darlington stripe coming out of the tight turns. It is typically a track where I find the cream rises to the top. Thus, not surprisingly, the initial simulation finds William Byron topping Denny Hamlin among the favorites. With that said, let’s dig right into the key stats for Sunday’s event.

Old Post 05-11-24 01:52 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

These are the leaders from my weekly simulation factors in some categories I deem to be key in analyzing race data. Note that Darlington is the only track on the circuit in which the Track & Track Designation Ratings are the same, as it really is its own animal in comparison to other facilities.

Steve’s Track Handicap Ratings:

William Byron – 113.8
Denny Hamlin – 104.6
Martin Truex – 104
Tyler Reddick – 101
Kyle Larson – 99.9
In looking at the leaders above, two things stand out right away. First, this is kind of a who’s who right now in the Cup Series in terms of the best drivers. Second, Byron has a significant edge of 9.2 ratings points over any other driver, that is the primary reason he is projected to win on Sunday.

Old Post 05-11-24 02:11 PM
msudogs

For those of you insistent on me making some of my top picks for Sunday heading into the weekend (BEFORE PRACTICE/QUALIFYING ON SATURDAY), here are some of my top predictions, with odds courtesy of DraftKings:

Top 5: Byron (+700), Truex (+600), Bell (+900), Hamlin (+450), Busch (+1500)

Top longshots: Busch (+1500), Blaney (+2200), Logano (+2200), Wallace (+2800), Stenhouse (+10000)

Favorites to struggle: Larson (+400), Elliott (+1400), Gibbs (+2200)

Old Post 05-11-24 02:11 PM
msudogs

Updated NASCAR Goodyear 400 betting at BetMGM

Favorites
▪️ Kyle Larson +425
▪️ Denny Hamlin +450
▪️ Martin Truex Jr. +750

Highest Ticket%
▪️ Hamlin 7.1%
▪️ Larson 7.0%
▪️ William Byron 6.6%

Highest Handle%
▪️ Hamlin 13.5%
▪️ Larson 12.1%
▪️ Byron 8.8%

Old Post 05-12-24 06:20 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: