StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Box Pools and 2 point conversions
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
denham
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Box Pools and 2 point conversions

Many of us, I am sure, are in office Super Bowl box pools and maybe got stuck with some crappy numbers. A crappy number is just a made or missed 2 point conversion away from hitting. Here is a stat on 2 point conversions:

Between 2000-2009, there are 2,670 NFL games playoffs in those 10 years. There were 332 successful 2 point conversions so 12.4% of the games had a successful 2 point conversion (assuming there were not more than 1 in a game) – for round statistical purposes there is a succesful 2 point conversion in 1 out of every 8 games. But a missed 2 point conversion mucks things up too. So 1 out of 4 games has a 2 point conversion attempt. Two point conversions during this period were 48.3% successful.

This is useless knowledge but maybe provides a glimmer of hope for someone with 9-4 in a box pool

Old Post 02-04-11 05:16 AM
denham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for denham Click here to Send denham a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TigreSon
Banned User

pitt/gb yes 2pt conversion +400
pitt/gb no 2pt conversion -600

worth a shot? hmmmm

Peace and Victory

Old Post 02-04-11 05:28 AM
TigreSon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TigreSon Click here to Send TigreSon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Denham

What are my numbers? And why wasn't i invited to your box pool?

And i like that prop bet Tigre

Old Post 02-04-11 05:56 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TigreSon
Banned User

D11

Not for nothing but 25/100 sounds pretty damn good.

Peace and Victory

Old Post 02-04-11 06:00 AM
TigreSon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TigreSon Click here to Send TigreSon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
denham
FoxDen Hall of Famer

D11 - you actually were and never responded to my email. $200 a box.

Old Post 02-04-11 06:05 AM
denham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for denham Click here to Send denham a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

25/100 is definately worth a shot!

Sean
I thought i got one that said 1k a box? Or was that Marshall?
Dammit. I see it now. Did you split the box with someone already?

Old Post 02-04-11 06:07 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TigreSon
Banned User

We're gonna make this AC trip happen, I'm serious about this, when the weather gets warmer we are gonna meet up and finally meet the faces behind the fox den haha

Peace and Victory

Old Post 02-04-11 06:18 AM
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i'll only go if bytore goes.

Old Post 02-04-11 06:22 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TigreSon
Banned User

Ronnie

I'd rather watch grass grow than hang out with bytore, def a bytore hater. Just don't like him at all. Anyway, ur coming Ronnie and that final...did I call u Ronnie? Sorry I meant Ronnie rose

Peace and Victory

Old Post 02-04-11 06:30 AM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm definately in Tigre.
I will be sporting a big bald bill t-shirt just to confuse you guys abit

Old Post 02-04-11 06:30 AM
TigreSon
Banned User

Lmao

I can tell u and denham are gonna bring some laughs. Old man Ronnie rose is gonna be telling stories about the good old days lol

Peace and Victory

Old Post 02-04-11 06:33 AM
denham
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I wouldnt play it for the Super Bowl unless you are playing against it. There is a 1 in 8 chance of seeing a succesful 2 point conversion but you are only getting 4 to 1 odds. Pretty bad. -600 though is really in your favor. Maybe the best prop on the board?

Old Post 02-04-11 01:45 PM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

One of the better props.

Worst prop i've seen is
Will a punt hit the scoreboard +800 yes and you can't bet no.

Didn't they move it?? It won't hit the scoreboard.

Old Post 02-04-11 07:33 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ronnie, he just hates me, because I told him, cops should not bet online.

I stand by that.

This for fun units, is a lark.

He does the P.M. thing, calls me an idiot. I am not perfect!!!

I am very fast though. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibqc...feature=related

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 02-05-11 03:17 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

TigreSon, do think you will hide in the dark???

LOL!!!

You could, and I am just suggesting, make America free to gamble online!!!

It is always gonna be no, unless you stand up, and fight!!!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 02-05-11 03:23 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: