StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > StatFox KnowledgeBase and Support > foxsheets
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
vd1000

foxsheets

What do the stars mean and what info do they come from? Has foxsheets kept up with how many times one star wins and 2 stars?

Old Post 11-03-10 03:05 AM
vd1000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vd1000 Click here to Send vd1000 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

The stars are created using a StatFox proprietary calculation based on may factors like the record of the system and the length of time the record represents.

Some people have created their own systems by counting stars, or looking for the side with higher amount of 5 stars, but to track specifically we just keep track of the record of each situation or trend.

Old Post 11-03-10 03:24 AM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vd1000

sorry

I was talking about the green stars?

Old Post 11-03-10 03:30 AM
vd1000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vd1000 Click here to Send vd1000 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

Yes, the green stars are what I was referring to.

Old Post 11-03-10 02:55 PM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vd1000

Does anyone keep track of wins and losses for one green star or two green stars?

Old Post 11-03-10 04:43 PM
StatFox John
Administrator

The record is kept for each situation or trend and is displayed along with it.

There are usually several situations and/or trends for each side in every game so I am not sure how you would track them for who one unless you add them up for each side and take the side with more stars.

In my opinion, just adding up the stars on each side is not a good way to use the FoxSheets though. I think it is better to evaluate each one and decide if the combination of several of them, along with the game simulator helps you to make a choice for a specific side.

Speaking of the simulator, if you are only talking about just the green star for the Edge on the game simulator, then that is a good indicator and should be given as much weight in your handicapping as the total stars for the situations or trends. Again that is just my opinion though.

Maybe someone else will chime in with how they use the green stars.

Old Post 11-03-10 05:48 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: