StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Hamilton @ SSK
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hamilton @ SSK

Hamilton Tiger Cats 52
@ Saskatchewan Roughriders -10

The only thing that will keep this game close will be the fact that SSK has 4 injuries to their stating lineup. I think both Hamilton and SSK will try to establish their running games which will eat up alot of clock. Both Troy Davis(hamilton) and Corey Holmes will get their chances to control the game.
Hamiltons defence has been their only bright spot thus far, combined with McManus's (hamilton) ineffective play at quarterback should also keep the score down.

Recap:

Best bet would be on the under 52.

I would side with Hamilton +10 because of their defence and injuries to SSK. (minor lean)

Comment or opinions Please.
BobbyBraveHeart, whats your take?

BOL

DeepDraw

Old Post 07-17-05 10:16 PM
DeepDraw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeepDraw Click here to Send DeepDraw a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

CFL Final Score

Hamilton Tiger Cats 12
Saskatchewan 32

Best Bet : total under 52 (won)
Minor Bet : Hamilton +10 (lost)

DeepDraw

Old Post 07-18-05 04:39 AM
DeepDraw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeepDraw Click here to Send DeepDraw a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JeffH

I have a slightly different take on Hamilton's offensive problems.

I think that they start with the offensive line. Dave Hack retired and Wayne Smith moved from guard to centre and Dan Comiskey has taken his place at guard. If the problem was simply McManus, you should expect that Troy Davis would be running successfully. That hasn't been the case (14 for 56 yards at Montreal, 9 for 30 yards against Saskatchewan and 9 for 17 yards at Saskatchewan). There may be issues with Danny McManus, but the whole unit is not playing well right now.

Also, almost all of Hamilton's non-injury roster moves are on defence, which suggests to me that they are happy with their offsensive personnel and are waiting for the unit to gel. (The only real big injury on that side of the ball is SB Amerson.)

I think that it is worthwhile to pay attention to the under in Hamilton games or the Hamilton side under, at least until the offence gets on track.

Old Post 07-18-05 11:29 PM
JeffH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeffH Edit post   Report post
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

JeffH

You make some valid points.
After watching the game on sunday, I think alot of McManus's problems stem from his receivers making bad reads on blitzs or not trying to make difficult receptions under adverse conditions. Essentially they're getting lazy or giving up on Danny Mac.
The main case in point occured on their last meaningful drive when Danny threw an interception that was run back for the last TD. He threw what appeared to me to be a very catchable ball to Yeast, but he developed a bad case of aligator arms and didn't even try to jump and make an attempt. The rest is history , but it goes down as and int against Danny and makes him look bad when it clearly wasn't his fault. If he had caught the ball and Hamilton was able to score, I would have got the back door cover.

Thanks for your input.
Catch you next week. Let's see if we can't knock off a few more winners!

Bol

DeepDraw

Old Post 07-19-05 12:25 AM
BobbyBraveheart

Sorry Deep never saw this in time. But I did indeed play the under 52 soley because of the weather. I was surprised it actually made it to 45. The outplay factor for this game showed that Sask should hve only been 1 pt favorites so I was sort of tempted to take Hamilton on the spread but never did.

Old Post 07-19-05 02:07 PM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: