StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Xs Mlb 5/18/07
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
XSSlinger

Xs Mlb 5/18/07

3 play day.

Makin 3 plays on the double.

Stop at 1st win.

Play on Cubs -130

2:20PM (EST)

953 Chicago White Sox
Mark Buehrle - L
+120 Action

954 Chicago Cubs
Ted Lilly - L

Play Cubs 1.3 units to win 1 unit

if lose

Play on Tigers -110

7:05PM (EST)

959 St Louis Cardinals
Braden Looper
+100 Action

960 Detroit Tigers
Andrew Miller

Play on Tigers -110, 2.53 units to win 2.3 units

if lose

Play on Athletics -108

10:05PM (EST)

979 San Francisco Giants
Barry Zito - L

980 Oakland Athletics
Chad Gaudin - R

Play on Athletics -108, 5.22 units to win 4.83 units

if lose
call it a real bad day!

Stop at first win.
Adjust bets to take down 1 unit on the day.

XS

Old Post 05-18-07 01:41 PM
XSSlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XSSlinger Click here to Send XSSlinger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

XSS ......

cubs: 8 -11 @ hm...... - $850 at hm ..... 4-11 LY inter gms.......
cws : 11 -8 on rd .....+ 485 away ..... 14-4 LY inter gms......

stl / det : no play for me

sf : 9 - 10 away .... + $127 away .... 8-7 inter gms LY ..... zito hot
oak: 9 - 11 hm .... 8 - 10 LY inter gms ....

gl

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 05-18-07 02:04 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

how much do you know about Andrew Miller?

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 05-18-07 02:06 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
XSSlinger

Andrew Miller

96 mph fastball

has been here before

Cards are 4-6 against leftys

He is a lefty

Went 8 innings last out at AA 7ks 0ers

His first name is not Wade

1st round draft pick in 2006 signed 4 years.

Miller finished 13-2 with a 2.48 ERA (123.1IP/34ER) in 20 games (18 starts) for the Tar Heels in 2006. He fanned 133 batters, while limiting opponents to a .222 batting average (100x451). Miller won the Roger Clemens Award as college baseball's top pitcher, as well as being tabbed Baseball America's Player of the Year and the Atlantic Coast Conference's Pitcher of the Year.

I dont know what he has got because i have never seen him.
Neither have the Cards.

Should be a great game.

XS

Old Post 05-18-07 02:42 PM
XSSlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XSSlinger Click here to Send XSSlinger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
redwingxix

Should be, but I'm always leery of playing on guys making their debut. Also, if you are planning a single day, three team chase, you would be a lot better off playing the dogs, otherwise, you can get into a big hole by the time you get to game three.

Some, they may go for cocaine.But I'm sure that if I took even one sniff, it would bore me terrifically, too.

Old Post 05-18-07 03:52 PM
redwingxix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redwingxix Click here to Send redwingxix a Private Message Edit post   Report post
XSSlinger

Ok Miller made a few releif appearances at the end of last season last year, he got knocked around already so he is no stranger to that.

As a rule i always pass on first time starters but not today.
One of the things i like best about this matchup between Detroit and the Cards is that it makes no sense. As far as starting out in the hole: I am already in a hole at -10 units and every play i have made this season has made perfect sense.

We have Detroit at home with a virgin vs team ace.
Detroit coming off a double header of which they got beat up.
Just rechecked the line and my book has Detroit at -113.
Hmm dont make alot of sense.

On the other hand we have a pitcher the cards have not seen.
Im sure he wont show them anything they dont see on a regular basis but they still dont know what he has or has not got.

However we do know that he is going to be pitching against a lineup that hits .214 vs leftys.

With Lopez, Rodney, Green and Seay available in the bullpen and Looper due another road meltdown I am going to hope for the best. The best being a Cubs win and me sleeping through this game.

By no means should anyone assume that i am selling this pick.
As i stated above it makes no sense.
Anyway thats my story and im stickin toit.

XS

Old Post 05-18-07 04:59 PM
XSSlinger

Cubs Win Cubs Win
God I miss Harry Sr.

This Detroit game with Miller will still be interesting and im just tickled to death i wont have to have anything more that a small amount of pride invested in it.

Thanxs for the input.
I really do appreciate other opinions on these matchups and whether they coincide with my line or not is irrelevant as mistakes cost money and we all have been known to miss a stitch.

XS

Old Post 05-18-07 11:17 PM
XSSlinger

That Miller kid is really doin great.

But if you spot me 14 runs i might even have a chance of locking down a W.

They say he will go back down to AA but i dont see how they can do that. I think they just said that to take pressure off of him.

XS

Old Post 05-19-07 03:07 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: