StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > American Idol Blake Lewis +285
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

American Idol Blake Lewis +285

any takers?

i have no opinion, havent watched the show since about a month ago...personally hate this guy BUT he's still hanging in there and "America Votes" mostly not 34 year olds like me..teen age girls like Blake obviously

Old Post 05-18-07 05:12 AM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kctatum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If the girl losses that sho is more riged than boxing. i have watched about 15 min of that show all year and every time i hear him sing and wonder how the hell he made it this far.

Old Post 05-18-07 05:15 AM
kctatum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kctatum Click here to Send kctatum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tough one, as I think young girls vote for girls too....competition between the sexes so to speak. Blake has the more hip style of the two though.....and Melinda Doolittle being voted off this week clearly points to the younger voters being in the majority (even though she clearly had the best vocals throughout).

Last year the old grey haired guy won (lol)......so why don't you take a poll from some teenagers you know and see what they have to say. I am going to a high school tomorrow to attend a talk my hubby is giving, so I'll ask the kids there. We can compare notes and see if Blake is worth a shot.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 05-18-07 05:51 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pinkpastrami
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Blake

Yahoo had an article about popularity in this contest this morning. Here's the link: http://tv.yahoo.com/american-idol/show/34934/buzzmeter

Basically the article indicates that Blake is the most "popular". There is some interesting information for anyone who might want to put some money on the +285

Old Post 05-18-07 08:02 AM
pinkpastrami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinkpastrami Click here to Send pinkpastrami a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In the final show they each perform a pre-written song which includes a choir and is usually has a sort of religious message. This is why Reuben Studdard beat Clay Gayken. This is why Fantasia barrino beat that other girl. Jordin is gonna sell the song for what it is, the girl can tell a story in her songs. There is no way that Jordin Sparks loses next week, don't waste ur money on Blake.

For the record I think Blake is a better pop star, he's like Justin Timberlake mixed with the Maroon 5 singer.

Old Post 05-18-07 08:20 AM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i didnt really mention that they both sing the same pre-written song and the winnner gets that song as their first hit.

Old Post 05-18-07 08:20 AM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

l-bonds

good point about the last song, usually inspirational type song, very soulful with religious undertones

i will stay away but i have a gut feeling the blake is getting a lot of votes from loyal fans that wont be swayed by the last song

Old Post 05-18-07 01:28 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wojo12212
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Unders

I bet Jordin Sparks 2 months agao at +900 for $100. Im hoping she can pull it out this week.

Old Post 05-18-07 01:40 PM
wojo12212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wojo12212 Click here to Send wojo12212 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

FWIW, I polled some h.s. kids today.....overwhelming Jordin.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 05-18-07 07:51 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Jordin in a blowout. Public is on Blake and the line is moving up. It's American Idol reverse line movement.

Old Post 05-18-07 07:58 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Phished880

info

well.... take this info as you will... but according to many sources inside A.I. that only 2 winners actually won the popular vote. They were kelly clarkson and carrie "giveme" wood. All this info is according to Sirius sat. radio

Also it is reported that A.I. has hired a personal trainer and fitness instructor for jordin

Old Post 05-18-07 10:01 PM
Phished880 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phished880 Edit post   Report post
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hate to admit it but I took Blake 4-10-2007 when he was 5-1

Figured he could make the finals based on the "unique" quality everyone always seems to vote for. The best singer hasn't won 3 out of the past 4 years imo. It was no shock to me the seemingly best vocalist went home the other night

Books cleaned up on everyone betting that melinda girl at ridiculous odds

Old Post 05-18-07 10:09 PM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
not2good
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Girl Girls Girls

We all know Sanjiahrea has set in and you blokes could not pick the winner of this contest. My vote

"M.C.Hammer"

He needs the money. And the boy can dance...LMAO

Old Post 05-18-07 11:38 PM
not2good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for not2good Click here to Send not2good a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: