StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > sox/cub 05/18
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
quantum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

sox/cub 05/18

sox/cub 05/18

Cubs/Sox

That bullpen of the Cubs is awful, Sox can't hit but they can pitch and the bullpen is very good. Sox always seem to be more "up" for this one as they are the second class citizens in the second city. After winning two of three from the yanks Sox now won 4 consecutive series(8-3 over their last 11 games) and are only 3.5 games out despite their hitting woes, and trust me they are painful to watch at the plate. The good news is that there is no DH so that will remove a .200 avegage from the lineup and replace it with a pitcher(LOL). Thome not comming back till next week.

For the cubs, i look for their starters to get worn out as season goes on as Lou will be forced to stick with them longer and longer and longer and longer

I just can't get the number, Cubs -145 to 150, Let's hope they lose the first two then we come back on "Z" Sunday maybe with some value.

SOX lets call it +135

sox 1 for 1.35

Other

Later

YTD 31-22 +9.18

sox 9-6 +1.45
cub 10-4 +6.50
other 12-12 +1.23 (finally over 500)

I'm telling ya jump on this Lincecum kid for the Giants before he gets too expensive. I watched his last two starts he is real good.
He had 10 stirkouts last night and made allot of them look real bad.

Here's the pitching line from last night

Lincecum 7.0 2 1 0 1 10 0 95-60 3.44

Old Post 05-18-07 05:42 PM
quantum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quantum Click here to Send quantum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
quantum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

other

other

De La Rosa looked good vs the Sox in his last start but every one does. Despite their bad record vs LHP, their BA is actually higher than vs RHP, so I look for that to level out. Also value a 17-24 team -160 over a 15-27 team and i can make the case that the dog has the better pitching matchup.

KC 1 for 1.5

as for the Sox, i would like something to drink with my Crow, how about a whine..
called "McDougal sucks"

Old Post 05-18-07 11:36 PM
quantum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quantum Click here to Send quantum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

That was an awful performance by macdougall. I'm sure it looked even worse on tv as opposed to the gamecast.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 05-18-07 11:40 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: