StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Merino....
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
zbt
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Merino....

I was away this weekend and tried to add to Dave's last thread. It didn't show, was it because he bad mouthed Statfox? I could give a crap about this guy but if he wants to post his systems and plays, why can't he? Is it because he is a tout? I just feel like there have been (and still are) similar others that do the same stuff and it is ok.

I have been here for a like a year and never really have known why this dude has such a bad wrap. Can someone give me their 2 cents?

Thanks!

Old Post 08-28-06 05:53 AM
zbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zbt Click here to Send zbt a Private Message Edit post   Report post
zbt
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bump...

Come on, give me the skinny on him!

Old Post 08-29-06 06:54 AM
zbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zbt Click here to Send zbt a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ssb
Banned User

he is a loud mouth know it all that sux

Old Post 08-29-06 07:08 AM
ssb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssb Click here to Send ssb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

I think it may have something to do with his 15 seperate posts a day and his 10 different aliases.

Old Post 08-29-06 01:34 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

zbt

What RD says is correct, he used to clutter up the board with way too many threads each day, when 1 or 2 would have sufficed. Sure he had some "think out of the box" systems/methods, whatever, but just post them and don't be such a loud-mouthed, blowhard, "know-it-all" about it! Right?

Basically, he had the attitude, that we should all bend over and kiss his feet for his providing us with his 100% GUARANTEED, foolproof picks. His stories about I know so and so, spoke with so and so (all celebrities or well known professional gamblers), were so far fetched it was hilarious. Mind you, maybe he did.... but again, it sounded like more BS.

Many of us, myself included, tried to give the guy a break (hell, I sent him an email and tried to give him advice on how to clean up his act, and what to do in order to be better accepted), but he really didn't want to listen. Or he would come back again under another name, start out okay, but then get right back into his old habits.

Foxstat aren't stupid... they knew it was Merino coming back the majority of the time, but they gave him a dozen chances too, but alas... the same BS. He disrupts most of the forum and gets into too many arguments and rages. Why would Foxstat terminate or suspend the privileges of many for the sake of one guy? I'm saying this because it does take more than one to tangle.

He posts these systems that are like 56-0, without any way for us to prove it, or backcheck it, and WOW, what a surprise....the first time he actually posts the pick, it loses by a big margin! And that wasn't even his most outrageous stat, LOL! He wouldn't give any example or previous winner for the posters to check it out. Now as much as posters should do their own handicapping, and lose/win with their own opinion and pick... you can't help but realize there are posters out there who DO follow and wager on one or more of certain posters selections right? And these posters are blindly going to throw their money on some loudmouths BS 56-0 system play saying, "Wow! What an amazing record. That looks like a safe bet." Right? And although they shouldn't blame Merino for their losing... they do, and the sh*t hits the fan! A million more posts with bitching, and bickering back and forth.... cluttering up the board.

He was also very hard to understand as he never used any type of punctuation.... it wasn't just his spelling, hell, we all make spelling errors (his were many though), but his using the CAP button all the time too.

Anyhow, it was just one thing after another. He has been given more chances than I would expect a person to be given. Ragtop and tenaciousD weren't afforded that many chances even!! LOL!

So there you have it... the short & skinny.... from me, the short & skinny, LMAO!!

Have a good day.

Old Post 08-29-06 02:29 PM
Shadow9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow9 Click here to Send Shadow9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
zbt
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks!

That pretty much sums it up then. I do agree, less bickering and more capping please!

Good luck today guys!

Old Post 08-29-06 05:04 PM
cash-machine
FoxDen Hall of Famer

lol good explanation shadow i think you clreared it all up...

if i saw a "56-0" i wouldn't bet on it i would think it was due for a loss lol.

Old Post 08-29-06 05:46 PM
cash-machine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cash-machine Click here to Send cash-machine a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

WELL DONE AND WELL SAID ... any objections?

Old Post 08-29-06 05:48 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: