StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Pete Rose's Response In Vigs Tourney
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Pete Rose's Response In Vigs Tourney

Pete,

Just to make another point on the Tigers. I agree with you 100% but also see something else here.

The moneyline is going to be large but the run lines will still be reasonable. That is where the money will be made, on the run lines, because I can not see Detroit being within two runs in any of these games.

Sure things happen and maybe they stay close in a couple but the run line is where the best value is on Detroits road trip.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 10:40 PM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Great point Dog. They did lose a couple of 1 run games to KC... but will have more diffuculty coming up.

They are still losing by an avg of 3.1 runs (need to check actual number on that)... so run line Foxsheets are something we should definitely look at.

Old Post 04-21-03 10:44 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Since you brought up the KC games I'll bring up another angle I see developing. I think KC is going to have HUGE trouble against good teams.

KC has a very good record but a number of those wins, and close ones at that, have come against bad teams.

As far as Detroit and the run line I think a person would be best to bet the run line and go from there. Teams like Oakland and Seattle should pound the hell out of Detroit.

Getting back to KC, 11 of their wins have come against the Tigers and Cleveland. While winning is winning and you have to give them credit for their record I think when they start playing some of the better teams they'll have big problems.

Dog

Old Post 04-21-03 11:01 PM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
bbc

I agree... on KC

Very weak schedule to this point. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the next few series' against Minnesota, at Toronto, and at Boston. A bit tougher....

As for Detroit, take any bet you can against them. Even props if you have to.

bbc

Old Post 04-21-03 11:06 PM
bbc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbc Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: