StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NEW StatFox Contests(Testing)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Jason Fox

NEW StatFox Contests(Testing)

As you may or may not know StatFox will be launching a new area on StatFox.com to play contests. No longer will you have to enter your selections in the forum, and things such as standings will be updated automatically each morning.

We will be launching an OFFICIAL baseball contest on July 14th but in the mean time we need some help testing things out. Please be aware that the contest area is still in development status so everything might not work just right, and you may notice some items missing. Also, if you notice any bugs or errors in the contest please let us know by replying to this thread. You can also post any other comments, suggestions, and or ideas for the contest area in this thread as well.

There won't be any OFFICIAL prizes during testing, but I will make sure that the user who finishes on top of the leaderboard gets a small prize. I will also give a small prize out for the user who has the most activity during the testing phase. If more than one user has the most activity the winner will be picked by a random selection.

The rules behind the current contest are fairly simple. Pick one game per day(FAVORITES OR UNDERDOGS). The only catch is that you can only pick the same team once.

To login to StatFox Click Here. Just login using your FORUM USERNAME & PASSWORD, once logged in click on the link that says CONTESTS to get to the contest area. Once in the contest area just click the link that says...Click here to register for the Baseball Play of the Day Challenge

If you have any questions on the contest area please leave them in this thread.

Thanks

Old Post 06-23-05 10:35 PM
Jason Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Fox Click here to Send Jason Fox a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Question

Hey Jason, quick question...is this contest a survivor contest where you are elimintated if your pick loses, or can you just not re-use the same team?

Old Post 06-24-05 12:34 AM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jason Fox

It is not a survivor type contest. Simply put once you use a team in the contest you can't use that team again for the remainder of the contest period.

Old Post 06-24-05 12:45 AM
Jason Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Fox Click here to Send Jason Fox a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Contest Period?

Old Post 06-24-05 03:35 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jason Fox

The contest will have a START DATE and a END DATE. The contest period.

Old Post 06-24-05 04:36 AM
Jason Fox

MINOR ISUE

There was a minor issue with the contest area this morning(June 26th), but everything is now resolved. Be sure to login an test the system. Thanks

Old Post 06-26-05 07:29 PM
Jason Fox

Just reminding people to try out the new StatFox contest area. It's still in testing mode, but you will get a good idea of how everything will work. Thanks

Old Post 06-28-05 12:42 AM
avwxman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Contest suggestion for Statfox

Like the contest setup overall, but I do not like the setup for heavy favorites. Since the rules only allow each team to be used once, some teams will be heavy favorites most of the time.

Here is my suggestion. For a -250 favorite, I would like the option of betting just 1 unit to win 0.4, rather than laying 2.50 units to win 1. Either that, or give the option of -1.5 runlines for heavy favorites.

Old Post 07-04-05 05:00 AM
avwxman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for avwxman Click here to Send avwxman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

WHats the deal with this? Is it ready yet? Just wondering, thanks. Looking forward to it.

Old Post 07-14-05 09:36 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jason Fox

We are putting the finishing touches on the baseball, look for details to be released soon. Thanks

Old Post 07-14-05 10:36 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Contest link...

I do not see it.

Do you have be a member?

Old Post 07-14-05 11:07 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore ? :

Of a certain race Im sure ?

Many - Goods !

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-15-05 04:34 AM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sdtnvols42

Trying to Find Link "Contest"

I am a newbie but am interested in the Contest. Where is the link?

Old Post 07-16-05 08:07 AM
sdtnvols42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sdtnvols42 Click here to Send sdtnvols42 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BobbyBraveheart

So has this contest officially started or is this still the beta testing? I also see you cannot pick totals, any reason for that?

Old Post 07-16-05 03:24 PM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
Danny H

Braveheart,

Remember that the basis of this contest is that you cannot take the same TEAM (Side) more than once. That in itself implies that this is a Sides Only contest. An alternative may be that you are allowed to take one OVER and/or one UNDER along the way, but I doubt this will happen.

Old Post 07-16-05 05:20 PM
Danny H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny H Edit post   Report post
BobbyBraveheart

Ohh I didn't know that Danny, so its like a suicide contest. I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Old Post 07-16-05 05:33 PM
BobbyBraveheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyBraveheart Edit post   Report post
Danny H

Not Suicide

Braveheart,

Actually it is not a suicide contest. The contest runs for a pre-determined amount of time not exceding 30 days. You are to select one side every day, keeping in mind that you are not allowed to take the same team more than once. Therefore, in a 30-day contest, you will have taken every Major League team one time. Hope that helps.

DH

Old Post 07-16-05 06:31 PM
Danny H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny H Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: