StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > o / u
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
casey

o / u

What does it mean when "ov" or "un" mean
behind an o/u number?

Thanks,

Casey

Old Post 05-16-05 07:43 PM
casey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for casey Click here to Send casey a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

In baseball you can translate the "o" & "u" right next to the total as the followings:

when it's a 9 : equal money on both side -110 on playing 9-over also -110 on playing 9-under

when it's a 9o : means over is fav. more expensive than -110 (-115, -120, -130, etc) on playing 9-over, and less expensive than -110 (-105, +100, +110, etc) on playing 9-under.

when it's a 9u : means under is fav. more expensive than -110 (-115, -120, -130, etc) on playing 9-under, and less expensive than -110 (-105, +100, +110, etc) on playing 9-over.

Old Post 05-16-05 08:31 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
casey

Excellent answer.

Now I understand

Thanks very much

Casey

Old Post 05-16-05 08:48 PM
casey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for casey Click here to Send casey a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

You're welcome. When I started betting baseball, that was the same question I asked.

Actually I can put them in one sentence: The O or U next to the total mean this specific side has more wagers than the other side, thus more expensive as fav, not seeing them means balanced wagers, even moneyline on both side.

Old Post 05-16-05 10:31 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: