StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Dog System Day 1 (May 14th)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dog System Day 1 (May 14th)

Pick one of the year today.

Reds +130

Better Era for the Reds Pitcher (Harang) as a dog above +110.

Added Plus is Wolf's era is above 4, actually it is in a very good range for this system from past two seasons results.

PS- Laying the wood on the Astros today at a monster -170 for me. Clemens is just an amazing piece of work and the Giants lineup is almost as bad as the Astros. Astros are way due to hit and I think Tomko is going to be helpful. 7-8 shutout/1run innings from the Rocket and a few runs and the Stros win. Lidge closes the door. Big odds for a team that just cannot hit or win a game but the ROCKET can shut the door on the Giants today.

Old Post 05-14-05 11:29 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Saw these dogs CIN, TOR, TEX, OAK pitchers era are lower than favs.

Old Post 05-14-05 11:55 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brandonhop33
FoxDen Hall of Famer

the stros are now at 163 at pinny

Old Post 05-15-05 12:03 AM
brandonhop33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandonhop33 Click here to Send brandonhop33 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

baff,

I am also already on the Stors tonight for the game and first half...I don't expect them to get swept at home, but you are right they have looked bad this year.

I think Rocket puts up a near goose egg tonight and 2 or 3 should be enough aginast Tomko!!!

GL

Old Post 05-15-05 12:43 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brandonhop33
FoxDen Hall of Famer

heavy D

i really like that call on the stros for the 1st half. at least we wont have to worry about the pen blowing it

im with ya

Old Post 05-15-05 12:46 AM
brandonhop33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandonhop33 Click here to Send brandonhop33 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

brandon,

I've been using the 1st half plays here and there with success so far. I'll only play them when the games I cap out are heavily influenced by the starting pitcher, which today's is with the Rocket. Added strength is that Houston has lost a few in a row as a home fave.

If it is another system or chase play, I rarely play 1st halfs.

I had Toronto today for the first half as well, but they pushed...Somewhat unlucky with the rain delays. I think Tor would have gotten more chances off Millwood as the Tribe's BP has been solid to start the year, and the Chacin only went 2.1 as well, even though the Tor BP pitched well also.

We'll see how she goes in the Houston game.

GL

Old Post 05-15-05 01:24 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

On the money with Houston. Roger pitched 8 gave up 1, Lidge closed the door, Stros get a few runs. Good to see Berkman hit one out, hopefully he can start producing. It is sickening to see a team one game from the world series sitting in last place but they have the pitching to make a run they just cannot wait much longer.

Cincy, well, they scored ALOT, lol. Good start for the dog system. 1-0 now if they dont blow a huge lead.

Bigdadi, the other 3 did not fit the system right. In the Toronto and Texas games the eras were too low for the pitchers and in the Oakland game they did not have 40IP yet. Gonna be really strict with what I play because those are the exact qualifications that have won the last few years. It is very important for the era of the favorite to be over 4 and the higher the better from past seasons results.

GL!

Old Post 05-15-05 03:46 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brandonhop33
FoxDen Hall of Famer

heavy d. well a push isnt bad. unless youre greedy like i was. i went ahead and went -.5 because i didn't wanna lay all the juice.

thats the story of my past 2 days. it has been the worst 2 days of my betting career.....easily

Old Post 05-15-05 03:53 AM
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

baff,

Good call with Cincy as they battered the Philly BP...Good start with this system.

brandon,

Damn...bad luck man...I never take the -0,5 for the 5 inning bets. I usually bet 1 unit on the game and 0.5-1 units on the 5 inning, depending on the line because I want to ensure profit if the game wins. Tonight I had 2 units on Houston and 1 unit on the 5 inning bet so it was nice to get the push...at least the -0.5 was probably close to even money so hopefully you still broke even for the game...

Old Post 05-15-05 04:07 AM
brandonhop33
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ya i did. it was -111. let me know what your going to play as far as the 5 inning lines go for tomorrow.......if you dont mind.

Old Post 05-15-05 04:23 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Bbaff

Now I remember the era on fav pitcher, the worst the better. Phil Wolf 5.44 fit in nicely.

Nice call. See you at D#2 that is not to far away. Maybe tomorrow.

Old Post 05-15-05 04:49 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

5/15 Sunday Bbaff dog

Arizona +108 BetUS is the dog that fits Bbaff's dog criterias ...

TEAM IPS PITCHER ERA
ARIZ 43 ESTES, S 3.74
COLO 42 JENNINGS, J 6.26

Old Post 05-15-05 08:11 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Oh well +108 is not yet +110 on Bbaff's requirement ... kind of close, so it's 80% to fit in. ..

Old Post 05-15-05 08:12 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: