StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > America's past time is my bread n' butter
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

America's past time is my bread n' butter

Baseball baby.

Minnesota w/ Radke (8 million dollar guy) vs. Moroth (200K)

Radke is 9-5 in April. Radke is 9-0 vs. Detroit

Moroth, number one starter for a team in MLB? Strong argument for contraction.

Old Post 03-29-03 03:31 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ragtop
StatFox Hall of Famer

JD

Excellent point. If Moroth were a starting pitcher in New York or for a West coast team, he would be earning a lot more. If he was in Tampa Bay, he be making $100,ooo I bet Anah. spends more than $200,ooo just feeding and promoting their Monkey. Looking forward to MLB and your posts.

Old Post 03-29-03 03:54 PM
Ragtop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ragtop Click here to Send Ragtop a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

JustDave.....

don't have a glue about how to cap baseball, but when I see such confidence.....####, I'm getting excited.....I'm going to go get my old glove and # 29 jersey just to feel like I'm part of it. GL

Old Post 03-29-03 05:07 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Justdave

Didn't start capping Monday's games yet;but if you have anything that might help me for tomorrows opener would appreciate it.

Old Post 03-29-03 06:12 PM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just got off work. I'll look tonight (at work) at the match up. Most immediately, it was a small play on Anaheim, and I mean small.

I love the Angels, I just don't know how Lackey will perform in April. Texas, I expect is already desperate for winning start to a winning season. Their starting rotation is weak. I'll have to take a closer look at the Texas middle relief/closer positions (historically troublesome areas) before I pull the trigger on Ana.

Pulling Park from the opener can only spell serious trouble for Texas already, IMO.

Old Post 03-29-03 07:50 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just Dave

Very strong reply, I feel same way on Angels opener! Loving the OVERS more and more as day goes on!

Old Post 03-29-03 07:59 PM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Looking at Texas, I see a renewed relationship/trust with Ishmael Valdes, a solid addition. I love Urbina as a closer. Let's face it, how many games did Texas lose with blown saves, PLENTY.

This in my opinion won't happen this year for Texas. I see Valdes giving a good 7 in this one.

I also think there is value in going against the WS Champs early on.

Glaus is questionable for Anaheim with a lame wrist.

I'm inclined to take the hungry opponent in this one, against the team that's feeling good.

Love the Angels (they're my team) but gotta side with the Rangers in this one.

Thoughts?

Old Post 03-30-03 03:11 PM
Ragtop
StatFox Hall of Famer

JUST DAVE

What you said about Texas makes sense, however you forgot to factor one very inportant thing in with Anah. The Rally Monkey. Good luck with the season.

Old Post 03-30-03 04:43 PM
Ragtop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ragtop Click here to Send Ragtop a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Valdes' whip is less than 1 versus Anaheim.

Valdes was picked back up by Texas with hugs and kisses. Good feelings all around. Agree Valdes does struggle on the road. Valdes also has a losing record in April. But, Lackey is an unproven April pitcher, until he proves himself worthy of a fairly large early season favorite role, I'll fade him. He's young and looks capable of being/getting out of shape. No scouting report really. He did average in spring. While I will lean with the dog, on this BIG TIME HIGH PROFILE GAME, I plan to play only 1 unit. Won't play anymore than 3 units this early in the season, until streaks are established, and we know whose in-shape. Conversely, my largest play of last year was Game 7, world series, and we know how that one turned out.

Runlines:

Never liked playing the +1.5 side of the run line. Price always seems excessive in my opinion. I will lay the 1.5 when opposing pitchers are miles apart in ERA and Whip, and the favorite can score.

Rags, your right, dissing the monkey is a sure loser. I don't have any information on this, but I would expect that they would keep the monkey under raps until there is a public outcry for him. Another publicity stunt. LOL

Old Post 03-30-03 07:11 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: