StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > It's that time again......The Lippsman split
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It's that time again......The Lippsman split

Tried and true and very much copied on the net too.

Betcha' you didn't know I was a poet ?

I started this back in the days of Q-Link, before it was called AOL. Posted it back in 1986 when you accessed online with a dial up modem.

The whole goal is to win the first dog play in series. But if you don't get that first game then you play for the split on the 2nd one. I look for at least a +120 payback. There can be no injuries to any of your 1st liners. You win the first one you walk away. You lose the first then play the dog in the 2nd one. Don't chase....don't chase....don't chase.

This is for the first two games in the series only.

This reason it works well most seasons is that in the NHL as most playoffs, the teams play a much better D than usual. So a lower scoring game gives a boost to the dog. Also being just the first two games the teams don't usually take any chances and err on the side of caution.

Now there are variations that I do not reccomend but they are out there and well.....they have been know to turn a profit.

1. Chasing the first game on a loss.......I hate chasing and it's too much of a risk.

2. If the dog wins the first game you take the fave in the 2nd one. I willl play this sometimes. But it's juiced more than -140. Which it usually is, then of couse I play the -1 line. You notice I didn't mention the regulation line. That's because there is just too much of a chance of OT in the playoffs. Don't play regulation lines. Play the -1.

You will notice this has a twinge of how I play the first few weeks of the season, by taking dogs of +120 or more. Don't forget that in pucks, home ice really doesn't mean squat. Use that to your advantage.

Lets just hope it ends up better than the first few weeks of the season.

Old Post 04-29-13 05:45 AM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Quick question for you sir...

I see the Kings and Rangers are each +110. If they do not move to +120, does that mean the series is no play or do you play them in game 2, provided they are at least +120?

Thanks and GL!

Old Post 04-29-13 07:45 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Lippsman- will we see your series picks..or any write ups from you ?

I'm trying to figure out the St. Louie Series...Looking to back the Kings there..Obviously Pitt and Chic are going to cake walk through the first couple of rounds..But do you see a dog that COULD win a series..

I'm not sure about the Wings, they worked hard to get here, but they are not the Wings of Old..

The east is a toss-up to me.. I'd love to see Toronto win a series, but I doubt it..

Anyway, any thoughts between now and puck drop would be great..
NBL

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 04-29-13 10:18 PM
Brutus5775 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

eels

Yes that would make them a no play.

Old Post 04-30-13 04:36 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brutus

I am going to try my best, but might not have time to write. But will at least post the picks by 5:00 ET

Old Post 04-30-13 04:36 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

1st round picks, game 1

Wild +201
Wings +136
Leafs +165
Isles +201
Sharks +125
Sens +141

Old Post 04-30-13 04:37 PM
jayhawk7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Here comes the obvious question.

Track record over the last 3-5 years with this system?

Old Post 04-30-13 07:44 PM
jayhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayhawk7 Click here to Send jayhawk7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Jay

I don't have the exact stats, but is a winner and you can search the forum here and see it did very well last year.

Old Post 05-01-13 12:04 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: