StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Conference Tourney Futures
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Hal Coldvice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Conference Tourney Futures

I'm taking Marquette +350. After considering them for the NCAA tourney futures, I decided that their road shouldn't be too difficult to the BE finals. There's a lot of Buzz about Buzz. This team is playing well and I like this spot.

Michigan St +250. They want to win this tourney. They are miffed they lost out on an outright title with Sunday's loss to Ohio St. I imagine this creates a situation where I can hedge in round 2 against WI or IN and hopefully take plus points and hit 'em both. This one may not need the hedges. I couldn't pass up a flavor on NW at +3000, gonna look to hedge that side of the bracket if they win a couple games.

So, let me talk this one out loud. UNC NOT to win the ACC is +130. Ok, so, Roy Williams claims he hates conference tourneys. Just small on this one. However, I'm going to ride UK in the SEC NOT to win either, that number is a little better at +240. Cal has said the same things about conf tourneys. I may get burned here, but we'll deal with that in the championship games if we have to.

In summary:

2u Marquette to win BE +7.0u
1u Michigan St to win B1G +2.5u
0.5u Northwestern to win B1G +15.0u
2u UK Field to win SEC +4.8
1u UNC Field to win ACC +1.3u

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the other conferences, but please feel free to share the futures you've logged for these tourneys. If I hedge along the way, I'll post that in here.

Old Post 03-06-12 06:33 PM
Hal Coldvice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hal Coldvice Click here to Send Hal Coldvice a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Kentucky

I completely agree that KY may just go through the motions in the tourney. It won't affect their seed at all. I can see Miss St or Tenn taking it.

Herbie

Old Post 03-06-12 06:48 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Hal Coldvice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anthony Davis now questionable for UK's next game with a death in the family.

Old Post 03-06-12 10:10 PM
Hal Coldvice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hal Coldvice Click here to Send Hal Coldvice a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks for these

Old Post 03-07-12 01:29 AM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Hal Coldvice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

don't thank me yet. lol

Old Post 03-07-12 02:02 AM
Hal Coldvice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2u Marquette to win BE +7.0u.......L
1u Michigan St to win B1G +2.5u
0.5u Northwestern to win B1G +15.0u...L
2u UK Field to win SEC +4.8
1u UNC Field to win ACC +1.3u

Playing WI +4 today, maybe will hit it and keep MSU open.

Looking for UK and UNC to play some close games today. Also, goofed up the units, had Marq 1u and MSU 2u, but I'll keep it the way I posted it.

Old Post 03-10-12 06:14 PM
Hal Coldvice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2u Marquette to win BE +7.0u.......L
1u Michigan St to win B1G +2.5u.....W
0.5u Northwestern to win B1G +15.0u...L
2u UK Field to win SEC +4.8.....W
1u UNC Field to win ACC +1.3u.....W

+1.5 units posted, even though I had more on MSU and less on Marquette.

Old Post 03-11-12 11:31 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: