StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A-10 Conference play starts Wed
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A-10 Conference play starts Wed

Conference play starts tomorrow. Temple looks like the top dog so far this season, with Richmond, Dayton, and Xavier falling in behind. Personally, I think Duq is going to be up around 4th by season's end. LaSalle and St Bonnie will have a few upsets as well. URI can score, but have no depth....or defense. St Louis looked good ....... on paper.... to start the season, but off-court issues really hurt them. They lost Mitchell at the point, and Reed at the center. They are still young and have room for improvement before it's over with. St Joe's is really young and have played tough so far. UMass as well. The rest are tough to cap. GW, Charlotte, and bringing up the rear....Fordham.

Tomorrow's lines:

Temple@Fordham +16'
LaSalle@GW pk
Charlotte@Richmond -13'
Duq@St Joe's +4
Dayton@StL pk o/u126
NC - St Bonnie@Ark-LR -1

The game I jumped on tonight is Dayton at a pick. I have no idea why the Flyers have this line even on the road. They did just play a 2OT game at home vs NM and won. But that was a week ago. Their backcourt from last year is gone, and they are having trouble with good guards. StL does not have that type of backcourt. Dayton, with Chris Wright, is owning the offensive glass virtually every game. That aids their average field goal shooting. StL on the other hand is weak on the inside. Just got beat at home by Bowling Green. Maybe they were looking ahead? This line stinks to me. There are no injuries on either team. They got me, if it's a trap.

2* Dayton pk
Duq 1h -2???......whenever it comes out

Doubt if Fordham breaks 50 vs the Owls. The only total I have right now is the Dayton game.

Kinda like GW at home. Kinda like LaSalle. LaSalle just turns it over too much again this year. But they are tough inside with Murray and Williams.

May be on Duq full game as well. St Joe's tough at home though as well.

Richmond just lost at home to Bucknell?? What's up with that? Harper got in foul trouble, but that's not an excuse.

Will start new conference record tomorrow. Will finalize plays as well.

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-05-11 01:44 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FYI

Been doing a little research tonite. If anyone follows my A-10 plays, you know I love Duq 1h and Dayton 2h. Here's the stats for this year:

Duq 1h is 6-1 ATS. The loss coming at the hands of Pitt, no disgrace there.

Dayton is 6-0 ATS in the 2h this year when losing or tied at the half. I don't have the 2h lines, but looking at the scores, this is what I come up with to verify the record.

And I found to my surprise, Temple is cranking out winners that I've failed to take advantage of so far. They were a great 2h play last year, similar to Dayton. This year they are 8-2 ATS in the 1h. Their best situation is as a HF, 5-0. They also verify my 2h plays as well. They are 2-0 ATS when losing or tied at the half. They've been leading mostly at the end of 1h, therefore the small record.

Richmond in previous years has been money for 1h plays. This year they are 4-0 as a HF. 3-1 as a RD. And only 0-4 as a RF. I will adjust my plays accordingly. Spiders will be a 1h play tomorrow.

Still looking at the others for an edge.

Old Post 01-05-11 04:43 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
westghost
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good stuff, Irishmule.
Thanks

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
Buddha

Old Post 01-05-11 05:05 AM
westghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for westghost Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Final card

Dayton pk
Duq 1h -2' (don't like that hook)
Temple 1h -9'

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

Old Post 01-06-11 12:55 AM
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update

Dayton pk ....win
Duq 1h -2' .... win
Temple 1h -9' .... loss

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
2-1 +0.90*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-06-11 04:09 AM
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A-10 Sat 1/8

Today's lines:
Richmond@LaSalle +5'
GW@St Joe's -5
Charlotte@St Bonnie -4'

My first play will be on the Hawks at home. St Joe has lost quite a few games around the double digit figure, but for the most of them, they have played tough. The games I've seen, they were hanging around a 5-6 point deficit, only to lose the spread late, due to fouling/FTs. Duq did spank them hard in the 1h in the conference opener on Wed, but they made a comeback in the second half.

Their schedule isn't even comparable to GW's. GW's numbers are quite fluffed up, especially their defensive numbers. Included in their victories are 'victim's' such as Towson, Holy Cross, East Carolina, and Nevada. With losses to Wilma, Navy, Hampton, and Boston U. Not exactly top-25 material. When they played a good shooting team in UAB, they got punked by 35.

St Joe's is not one of the good shooting teams, by any means. They are awful young, and play with grit, especially at home. Not sure if they know how to close out a win yet, but they shoot FTs at a 70% clip. One of the better FT shooting teams in the A-10. GW has taken over Duq's FT woes this year. They are under 60% as a team. Taylor is starting to put up good numbers for GW, but without a lot of help. The Hawks have the more balanced scoring. If they limit Taylor, this one is a double digit win.

I'll take Martelli's boys to get their first conference win of the year. Hope it's a cover as well.

St Joe's -5

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
2-1 +0.90*

Old Post 01-08-11 02:02 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: