StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > you all are so great and i'll miss being away
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

you all are so great and i'll miss being away

Cant handle the stress and daily grind of it all anymore. I will of course be back around at some point but just wanted to create this thread to give me more incentive to keep my word and keep myself away for a while. To say im a problem gambler wouldnt be correct. I tend to never chase. I am happy breaking even. I dont do things that most problem gamblers would attest to. However I have my priorities way out of whack. Some say that to call anyone you meet in an online forum "friends" is delusional and pathetic. To those people I say you will go nowhere in life. There are indeed many here who I would easily call my friends. To msudogs, thedoc, kcfan, copperblue, hotdogman, and many others I say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that youve taught me. Perhaps by the time march madness rolls around i will once again have a proper mindset. I sure hope so anyway. so i'll leave it here. thank you statfox for being the great place that it is. i'll see you all around again. sean

Old Post 01-14-08 05:09 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Take care of the important things first, Sean. We will be here when you get back. You will definitely be missed. See ya soon, buddy.

Old Post 01-14-08 05:13 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
zbt
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hear ya bro!

Glad you are thinking about the things that mean most! Take care of your family, job, etc. and check back when you get it all back in line.

Happy New Year!

Old Post 01-14-08 05:14 AM
zbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zbt Click here to Send zbt a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sportsguy
Banned User

its good to get away once in a while

Old Post 01-14-08 05:19 AM
sportsguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sportsguy Click here to Send sportsguy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks for the words.........

bama and zbt. it sure isnt going to be easy facing the realities of the real world. gambling is such a great escape but its gotten hold of me and wont let go. Have a great college hoops season gentlemen. damn im going to miss the action. but its the thing to do. goodbye guys......................

Old Post 01-14-08 05:20 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zac
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Take care, Sean.

Zack

Old Post 01-14-08 05:29 AM
Zac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zac Click here to Send Zac a Private Message Edit post   Report post
johnny_q

HT, I can totally relate. A hiatus is definitely a good thing if you feel yourself getting too "caught up" into the daily grind of sports betting. Sometimes you can catch yourself missing important things just to get a score or place a bet and that is when you need to step back and put things into perspective.

I'm somewhat new here, but definitely not new to betting. I used to troll the old betonsports.com forums when they were still operating. I too saw a problem developing and took about a 2-3 year layoff from gambling. It certainly makes daily life easier when you aren't wondering how your account is doing.

Good luck, enjoy the time off, and most importantly...don't rush back.

J

Old Post 01-14-08 05:35 AM
johnny_q is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny_q Click here to Send johnny_q a Private Message Edit post   Report post
copperblue
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hightimes

I will miss you around here friend.

I am hope you get re-charged say around April :)

Take care and keep in touch

Old Post 01-14-08 05:38 AM
copperblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for copperblue Click here to Send copperblue a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Snokone
FoxDen Hall of Famer

take care buddy... i know we didnt really talk much, but i always looked forward to your posts. you have helped me so much, whether you know it or not...

we'll be here when you get back. see you soo bro!

'07-'08 NCAAB: 13-4-1 ATS; 1-0 Teasers
Overall 14-4-1 (+11.2 units)
'07-'08 NFL: 27-16-2 ATS; 6-5 Parlays; 10-13 Teasers
Overall 43-34-2 (+10.75 units)
'07-'08 NCAAF: 24-22-3 ATS; 8-5 Teasers; 4-3 Parlays
Overall 34-29-3 (+0.73 units)

Old Post 01-14-08 05:46 AM
Snokone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Snokone Click here to Send Snokone a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Many of us in here understand and have probably been in the same type of situation. I was there myself recently and had to take some time off. Good luck and get back in when you are ready. If not best of luck to you

Old Post 01-14-08 05:50 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AngryBeavers
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You will be missed!

Life is much more important and has many more things to offer than just picking winners. Good Luck with getting the rest of your house in order.

You may have met your friends here in the den and others may think that is nuts, but frankly I think by and large the Den is a great group of guys that anyone is lucky to have as friends. As friends we understand your dilemma, support you in it,and will welcome you back when the time is right for you.

AB

Old Post 01-14-08 06:06 AM
AngryBeavers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AngryBeavers Click here to Send AngryBeavers a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

hightimes

take care of yourself first. you'll do just fine. see you around later
GL

Old Post 01-14-08 11:43 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hightimes

Take care of yourself and take a rest from the grind. I did enjoy your post and your work, especially the polls yo started. Take care buddy, and w'll see you in a couple of months.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 01-14-08 12:31 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

hightimes

I hope you enjoy your time away. many of us have been where you are...just know you always have a great group of people here to support you if and when you decide to try this again...

Take Care

Old Post 01-14-08 02:53 PM
GoBlue01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoBlue01 Click here to Send GoBlue01 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Highbeams
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hightimes

I don't know where you think your priorities got out of whack, but if it's feedback from someone you love, you have to attend to that first. If it's from inside, you'll work that through and figure it out in time.

Some people read, some play the market (legalized gambling), or do what we do here....but it is all a form of entertainment, socialization and sometimes competition. And we are cyber-friends in the same foxhole together, helping each other survive or thrive, however hooky that may sound.

Best of luck and hope to see a fellow "high" guy soon.

Old Post 01-14-08 03:05 PM
Highbeams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Highbeams Click here to Send Highbeams a Private Message Edit post   Report post
douglas
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BOL to you ...........will miss your insight on the tigers .....although with the team they have now .....insight will not be needed ....lol ...just lay the runs ! ......hope to see you soon
Douglas

Old Post 01-14-08 03:49 PM
douglas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for douglas Click here to Send douglas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
KCFAN68
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hightimes

Take care of your self and call me if you have a chance.

Ron

Old Post 01-14-08 03:52 PM
KCFAN68 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCFAN68 Click here to Send KCFAN68 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Everyone needs a break now and then.

Good Luck

Old Post 01-14-08 04:05 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
primetime24K
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL with your decision Hightimes. From what I have read, it seems like the correct one

Record
2006-07 NCAAB: 111-78-4
2006-07 NBA: 110-90-2
Boxing: 4-1, +13 units
NCAA Baseball:3-0

2007-08 NFL: 70-90-3, -28.6 units
2007 NCAAF: 129-100-3, +154.9 units
2007-08 NBA: 68-72-3, +.6 units
2007-2008 NCAAB: 97-78 +34.6 units
2007-2008 NCAAF Bowls: 16-12 +8 units

2008 NCAAF: 48-38-3, +27.3 units
2008-2009 NFL: 28-17 +44 units

2009 NCCAF: 53-40, +64.37 units
2008-2009 NFL: 32-21, +41.96 units

Old Post 01-14-08 04:12 PM
primetime24K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for primetime24K Click here to Send primetime24K a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pdogge

hightimes

Maybe this is just a bad time of year for you. Exactly one year ago today, you had a similar thread. Maybe baseball is your money maker. I also look forward to your Tigers insight. I am also here in Michigan.

Old Post 01-14-08 05:07 PM
pdogge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pdogge Click here to Send pdogge a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: