StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NBA finals 6/7
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NBA finals 6/7

For the sake of argument, let's say the NBA playoffs aren't as clean as the NBA would like us to believe. Let's say television money, from around the world, is very important. If this is true, then the NBA could have a big problem for the finals. The FIFA world cup...
Client-IP: 114.79.114.164

How is the NBA going to compete with that? Not so much in the US, as in the rest of the world. Who in Europe or Asia wants to see basketball when the daylong diet is soccer?

Now, I haven't researched the financial situation in terms of where the television money is coming from, and how it is divided among the NBA, but if international money means anything, the NBA has only one shot: Shaq. (remember, the NBA markets itself though its superstars, and, apart from Germany, nobody in the rest of the world gives a ratz azz about Dirk).

I'll be watching the first game -no bet- to see how Shaq is called.
My guess is the NBA wants him to have a big series. That would be the best storyline: Shaq gets 4th NBA title in close series.

Then again, it could be Dallas in a flash. ;)

Old Post 06-08-06 09:14 PM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Client-IP: 59.40.158.50

Statfox, it's nice to see how my IP keeps changing, but it would be nicer if you would not display it. Thanks.

Old Post 06-08-06 09:16 PM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: