StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Major League Baseball
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Major League Baseball

Not my cup of tea, but it was a long summer so I played here and there on slow days at the track.

Played dogs mostly and blindly backed the Pirates after three wins in a row. Had fun and ended up in the black.

I think it's a joke the Pirates and the Cubs for that matter, have to have a one game playoff. Bucs won 97, Cubs 96 games second & third best record in baseball and they have to play a one and done?

10/06

Houston 200/200

10/07

Cubs @ Pittsburgh

This game opened at CHI -110 yesterday and it looks like it will settle around +.25. Arrieta is a monster, but the value isn't there. Cole has some decent trends and even though the Pirates are just 1 - 3 as a home dog, the Cubs have two very strong trends totaling 2 - 9. Will wait on Pittsburgh.

Old Post 10-06-15 07:37 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Easy to back the Kid tonight, but the way I look at it the Cubs are facing two tough play against trends coupled with a few strong ones backing Pittsburgh. Cole is only getting respect from the bookmakers and the public has moved this line over a quarter, that is almost unheard of in a MLB elimination game.

So, some strong trends, undervalued pitcher and a kid on the mound facing a team that had faced him twice in the past two weeks. Hey, if the kid has a night, then so be it, but Pittsburgh is calling for a blackout and I'm betting he cracks.

Pittsburgh +128*

They call Alabama the "Crimson Tide." Call me Deacon Blues.

Old Post 10-07-15 06:48 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

like it !! took 'em at 10-1 to win WS .... lets keep my play alive and get you instant cash !!

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 10-07-15 10:59 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: