StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > This may help
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This may help

I was considering weather a factor in Seattle but according to weather.com (dont know if I can post that) it will be partly sunny and 43-44 degrees from noon to 3pm with a 50% chance of rain showers after 4pm. So theres a slight chance weather may be an impact late in the game.

Im on the fence with this game and this was a factor that had me leaning Seahawks. Hopefully this helps.

Old Post 01-08-11 07:06 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
drtony
FoxDen Hall of Famer

fwiw
i lean seahawks for a variety of reasons
weather among them
but it always seems to rain in seattle
home team familiar with it
dome team isnt

heres more to help u decide
(and sorry for being redundant- i posted this in my thread and in points - but knowledge is power right)

Steven Glasser of ESPN Stats & Information passes along this note: Seattle is the fifth team since 1978 to enter the playoffs with a point differential of minus-50 or worse, and the previous four won in the wild-card round.

Three of the previous four wild-card winners currently play in the NFC West.

The chart puts Seattle and the four others into perspective by showing their point differentials, records and wild-card results. The final column shows records and point differentials for the wild-card opponents, based on information from Pro Football Reference.

Also from Glasser: "Since 1990, when the NFL expanded the playoffs from 10 teams to 12 to include an extra wild-card team, the six teams that made the playoffs with a point differential of minus-20 or worse all won their opening-round playoff games."

Old Post 01-08-11 07:16 PM
drtony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drtony Click here to Send drtony a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

dr t

That is some good stuff right there. Thanks for sharing.

BOL

Old Post 01-08-11 07:28 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

weather

standing outside qwest right now...no rain or wind, but cloudy...i'd say 20% chance of rain

Old Post 01-08-11 08:27 PM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

bawlmer

thanks, as if i needed any other reason to play an under
GL

Old Post 01-08-11 08:32 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pistolero

I'd take the NO Saints, they have a margin of + 5.8 over the season and Seattle has -7.1, talking about points, Also saints has more guns,,lot more,,, and IMHO weather is going to be a factor for the two teams, not just for one...as I said,, IMHO

Off Def Dif Pts
NO Saints 24.7 18.9 5.8
Sea Shawks 19.6 26.7 -7.1

Here my plays

NO Saints - points
NY Jets / Indy Over
NY Jets + points (Thinking about this one)

GLTA

" We are playing to win in the event we all are supposed to lose"

Old Post 01-08-11 08:48 PM
pistolero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pistolero Click here to Send pistolero a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: