StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > JK's 2009-2010 Bowl Plays
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

JK's 2009-2010 Bowl Plays

Going to post and keep track through the end of the college bowl season....

2 units WYOMING +10
1 unit RUTGERS -3
1 unit RUTGERS under 45

Old Post 12-19-09 09:30 PM
jkaul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkaul Click here to Send jkaul a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

jkaul

nice to see this card
GL

Old Post 12-19-09 09:32 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good Luck today my friend. Where have you and your stats been this season jkaul? Did you scrap your stat sims calculations?

Old Post 12-19-09 11:01 PM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ballinhj

no, I have still been using them but they have been right about 50%...no big edge this year. Was looking for a filter using reverse line movement but couldn't find much of a sample where the dog was winning on the stats and they had reverse line movement. Also, didn't have very many plays this year overall, only one or two a week it seemed and most of the time they were in the Sun Belt.

I am going to post all the stat sims for each bowl game and will do the same for the NFL playoffs....just a side note....the only stat sim play for tomorrow is Green Bay +2, but the reverse line movement on Pittsburgh scares me away from it.

Overall Bowl Record: 2-1 (+1.9 units)
Sides: 2-0 (+3.0 units)
Totals: 0-1 (-1.1 units)

Will post a play for the New Orleans Bowl later this morning.

GLTA

Old Post 12-20-09 10:58 AM
jkaul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkaul Click here to Send jkaul a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sunday Night Bowl Play

1 unit SOUTHERN MISS -3 1/2

GLTA

Old Post 12-20-09 04:29 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tuesday night in Vegas

got a side and a total for tonight. My stat sim numbers give BYU the edge here and then when you pair that with the emotional letdown that the Beavers have for this game, it looks like a perfect storm.

The Beavers played their in-state archrival in their last game with the winner taking the Pac10 title and a spot in the Rose Bowl, a place that Oregon State has not played in 45 years.

Sure, last year Oregon St also had a chance to go to the Rose Bowl with a win over Oregon and failed and then went and won their bowl game (they beat Pitt 3-0 in the Sun Bowl) but I don't think that they will hold this BYU offense scoreless.

2 units BYU +2 1/2
1 unit BYU/Oregon St over 58

If you wait you may get +3 but I think the total will continue to rise back towards the opener of 60.5

GLTA

Old Post 12-22-09 04:53 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

updating

Sides: 3-1 (+3.9 units)
Totals: 1-1 (-0.1 units)
Overall: 4-2 (+3.8 units)

Easy win last night with BYU and got a lucky late touchdown to get the over as well. Back later with a pick for tonights game

GLTA

Old Post 12-23-09 08:18 AM
Ethan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for this jkaul. Good stuff here. Always check out the sims. BOL this bowl season! Not that you need it or anything... :}

Old Post 12-23-09 08:40 AM
Ethan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ethan Click here to Send Ethan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Poinsettia Bowl

Thanks Ethan, but you know as well as I do, we can all use a little luck from time to time.

Tonight, I look for the Mtn West Conference to continue their winning ways and possibly give TCU an outside shot at a split championship.

Last night, we had the same scenario, a disinterested Pac10 team playing a hungry, looking for respect Mountain West conference team.

2 units UTAH +3

get this one early as this line has already dropped from 3 1/2 and I expect more money to come rolling in on the Utes after last nigt's blowout win by BYU over Oregon State.

GLTA

Old Post 12-23-09 05:21 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

updating

Sides: 4-1 (+5.9 units)
Totals: 1-1 (-0.1 units)
Overall: 5-2 (+5.8 units)

Another nice win from the stat sim. Will post a play this afternoon for the Hawaii Bowl

GLTA

Old Post 12-24-09 11:13 AM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hawaii Bowl Plays

3 units SMU +11 1/2
1 unit SMU OVER 71 1/2

Like the angles, the stat sim points to alot of scoring, and the June Jones returns home factor plus Nevada's 2 leading rushers will not play lead me to believe that the Mustangs will keep it close in a high scoring game.

GLTA

Old Post 12-24-09 09:38 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

update

Sides: 5-1 (+8.9 units)
Totals: 1-2 (-1.2 units)
Overall: 6-3 (+7.7 units)

Can't wait till Saturday with more college games to bet on.

Old Post 12-25-09 11:02 AM
htdykid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm a big Pitt backer on Sat-hope you are there too

Old Post 12-25-09 04:30 PM
htdykid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for htdykid Click here to Send htdykid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

htdykid

Pitt scares me a little bit.....they lose a heartbreaker to Cincinnati with a BCS bid and the Big East title on the line after losing a tough one the week before against W Virginia.

I have one angle that says to play on N Carolina, while my stat sims have Pitt winning easily....so far this year the angles have trumped the stat sims.

Pitt's loss took them from the Sugar Bowl to the Meineke Bowl in Charlotte which is basically a home game for the Tar Heels.

Old Post 12-25-09 08:46 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Saturday...12/26 Bowls

Well, the lines moved just enough to take some of my angles out of play, so looks like a light card today....

1 Unit N CAROLINA +1 1/2

This is the only play I have for today....Pitt emotionally devastated by the 2 end of the season losses which ruined the trip to the Sugar Bowl, instead they travel to Charlotte, NC for the Meineke Bowl which is basically a home game for the Tar Heels.

GLTA

Old Post 12-26-09 05:12 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Monday play

Sides: 5-2 (+7.8 units)
Totals: 1-2 (-1.2 units)
Overall: 6-4 (+6.6 units)

After taking a break yesterday with no play on the Kentucky/Clemson game, I am going to make a small play on the total in today's game

1 unit GEORGIA OVER 67

GLTA

Old Post 12-28-09 09:40 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tuesday plays

Sides: 5-2 (+7.8 units)
Totals: 1-3 (-2.3 units)
Overall: 6-5 (+5.5 units)

4 units on TEMPLE +4 1/2
2 units on WISCONSIN +2 1/2

Eagle Bank Bowl

Temple is playing in its first bowl game since 1979 so you know that they will be motivated for this one. The game is being played in Washington D.C. so it will be close enough for the few Temple football fans that there are to make it to the game. UCLA didn't even know if they were going to go to a bowl game, they had to wait until after the Army/Navy game to see if they would play. Don't see too many Bruin fans leaving sunny California to come to this bowl game and really don't see the players too excited about the cross country trip either.

Temple outstats UCLA in my sims by about 8 points, so as a dog you know I'm going to play them. Temple also had a couple of angles in their favor, so I made them my biggest play of the bowl season so far.

Champs Sports Bowl

Wisconsin travels well and expect them to have as big a fan base as the Hurricanes, if not bigger. The Badgers are BIG and will wear down the smaller, quicker 'Canes....I would expect Miami to come out and get the lead, I just hope it isn't too big of a lead and for Wisconsin to pound Miami and wear them out over 4 quarters and steal this game late. My stat sim has Wisconsin edging the 'Canes by almost a quarter of a point and since they are an underdog they are a play here.

GLTA

Old Post 12-29-09 02:50 PM
Zac
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good luck to us.

The system I use comes up the same way.

Old Post 12-29-09 08:14 PM
Zac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zac Click here to Send Zac a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wednesday Plays

Sides: 6-3 (+5.4 units)
Totals: 1-3 (-2.3 units)
Overall: 7-6 (+3.1 units)

HUMANITARIAN BOWL

2 units on BOWLING GREEN +1
1 unit on Bowling Green/Idaho OVER 68 1/2

HOLIDAY BOWL

PASS

GLTA

Old Post 12-30-09 07:40 PM
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

New Years Eve Plays

Sides: 6-3-1 (+5.4 units)
Totals: 2-3 (-1.3 units)
Overall: 8-6-1 (+4.1 units)

2 units on Navy +6 1/2
3 units on Air Force +5
2 units on Iowa St +2 1/2

may add a play on Oklahoma, but want to see if the line moves first....Oklahoma kicks at 2pm ET so I will post around 1-130.

GLTA

Old Post 12-31-09 11:30 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: