StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Great news on foreclosures..
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Great news on foreclosures..

Today the prime will drop to 1% (gov. loaning to banks).

Breaking (good) news today..

A new gov. backed program allows you and your mortage co. and/or bank to renegotiate your loan for up to 5 years reduceing your payments by half in many cases..

I think this is great allowing people to keep their homes...

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 10-29-08 05:24 PM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

But what after 5 years, isn't this just putting a band-aid on a problem? The bottom line is people still have to have the money to afford a home. Home prices are still way over inflated even after the huge drop in recent months.

Old Post 10-29-08 06:31 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Well, gives them time to sell instead of getting foreclosed.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-29-08 10:07 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td

Good point. However, most people are now upside down and will still be in debt when they sell. I'm not sure what this does exactly but delay the pain.

Old Post 10-29-08 10:34 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Craiger

I agree its a band aid, but its a band aid while the wound is bleeding...
Maybe after 5 years folks will realize that owning a home is expensive and they just might cut their credit cards and not buy a new car every year...
BMW's used to be the status symbol but owning your own home has replaced that for the average person...
I thank God i've been blessed enough to not owe a penny on mine and thank him daily for it...
I just hope this will help a lot of people and at least relieve that much stress on families...
Well you know where i'm going with this...just hope it helps a little..

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 10-30-08 12:29 AM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: