StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Tampa bay flukes
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Scama LLama
Banned User

Tampa bay flukes

can't stand the rays, theyre flukes, hats off to Philly, Tampa beat Boston only to lose to the nl, they embarrassed the al, especially the al east...garbage, won't even smell another year like this next year

Old Post 10-30-08 07:37 AM
Scama LLama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scama LLama Click here to Send Scama LLama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

i'm not a rays fan either but they are anything but an embarrasment or a fluke. yeah, they lost 4-1 but they lost to a very good phillies team & had 3 one run losses in the series & a couple questionable calls that could have turned the series around. they had one of the best defenses in baseball this year along with a great young rotation, solid bulpen & solid hitting & speed. no obvious weaknesses there. theyr'e also a very young team with virtually all their core players under 30. here's the ages of some of their players come opening day 2009. looks like a solid future to me.

garza 25
price 23
shields 27
sonnanstine 26
kazmir 25
balfour 31
longoria 23
upton 24
aybar 26
pena 30
bartlett 29
badelli 27
navarro 25
crawford 27

Old Post 10-30-08 08:45 AM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SMKR
Banned User

fluke? far from it.

UPDATED RECORD SINCE JUNE 1, 2008:
139-58-3 +$80,716

Old Post 10-30-08 01:41 PM
SMKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMKR Click here to Send SMKR a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very far from flukes, you sound like a fan upset that they beat your team. How can you not stand a team that up until this year was always terrible? It was a great story and my hat goes off to the Rays (even though they cost me money in the series). A good young team with great young pitching and a great manager, they will be around for years to come. Sucks for you your team wasnt good enough to beat them.

Old Post 10-30-08 03:32 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BrotherPeen3
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LOL @ Fluke!

The Rays are here to stay. Price will be in the rotation next season making them even stronger. Upton and Longoria will be a year older and wiser. As a die hard Yankee fan it pains me to say this but the Rays make the AL east a lot harder to win.

Old Post 10-30-08 04:09 PM
BrotherPeen3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrotherPeen3 Click here to Send BrotherPeen3 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
flipdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sounds like somebody had the Rays for the series and is upset that the favorite got upset by a better Philadelphia team. From last to the world series. Fluke? I think not.

Old Post 10-30-08 04:49 PM
flipdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipdog Click here to Send flipdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ShoalBay

Better get used to the Rays, they are young, talented and signed. They stared down the big bad Red Sox but ran into a very good and experienced Phillies team. With some timely hitting in game 2 the Phillies with that bullpen would have swept them, but the Rays will be back.

Old Post 10-30-08 05:34 PM
ShoalBay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShoalBay Click here to Send ShoalBay a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Scama LLama
Banned User

just hate the rays

I just don't like them...I think theyre nothing but a Cinderella team n that is my opinion...I do respect everyones opinion though...

Old Post 10-30-08 06:07 PM
Scama LLama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scama LLama Click here to Send Scama LLama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I Hate Llamas

Just don't like them, spittin' and makin' weird noises all the time...
I know they have a lot of talent...but I just don't like them...

College B-Ball is less than 2 weeks away!!!
ff

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 10-30-08 07:45 PM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Scama LLama
Banned User

that was funny

ff

good one, rays are still a cinderella fluke though....by the way, how long have you had that avator for? prob since may, i can guarentee you the past baseball seasons you didnt use that rays symbol for an avator.....haha

Old Post 10-30-08 08:12 PM
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am from Vegas so I don't really have a team (in baseball that is - RE-BELS!). I adopted the Rays at the end of April. I didn't even know they had dropped the "Devil" out of their name at the time. I feel like I got on the bandwagon early enough to sport the avatar...

Good luck tonight man!
ff

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 10-30-08 10:54 PM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Scama LLama
Banned User

cool enough

for me ff, good luck to u too

Old Post 10-31-08 10:07 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: