StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > N B A Finals game 1
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

N B A Finals game 1

i think its B.Celtics -3hook ,,, series price Lakers -165 B.Celtics +145 ,,, gonna b a great series tough one to call

Old Post 05-31-08 05:32 AM
the hook 420 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the hook 420 Click here to Send the hook 420 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
NumNutz74

LAKERS

in 6, maybe 4, just kidding, but love the LAKERS in this series....

LAKERS way to many weapons !!!!

Old Post 05-31-08 05:37 AM
NumNutz74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NumNutz74 Click here to Send NumNutz74 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
savage1

Can someone explain to me why series line is so high in favor of the Lakers?
The Celts have a better record, have homecourt advantage and whipped the Lakers convincingly twice during regular season.
I am going to be a contrarian and say that simply because it seems so obvious that this should be a great series, it won't be, and that one team will sweep or win in 5 games.
I might not bet the series at all as I am a Celtics fan and perhaps a little biased, but even if I was not, I would never bet the Lakers at the current line.

Old Post 05-31-08 07:34 AM
savage1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for savage1 Click here to Send savage1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Newbiegambler
Banned User

Celtics are soft and don't show up every night. Also Celtics don't have consistent point guard play, and KG likes to pass the ball in the lane now. I hate the Lakers, so in no way am I bias on this.

MLB: 63-32
NHL: 1-3-1
NBA: 6-1
Ponies: 1-0

Old Post 05-31-08 07:37 AM
Newbiegambler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Newbiegambler Click here to Send Newbiegambler a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cappersdelight

I love the Lakers, but completely agree with you Newbie.

I think Gasol matches up well with KG, Kobe can contain Allen, Odom will be pesky against Pierce, DFish will own Rondo, and Radmonovich/Walton is a wash against Posey. The Lakers also have the edge in experience and coaching, plus I think they have a better bench.

Old Post 05-31-08 08:05 AM
cappersdelight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cappersdelight Click here to Send cappersdelight a Private Message Edit post   Report post
NumNutz74

savage1

more $$ will come in for the LAKERS and thats why its so high, even though BOSTON had a better record in the EAST !! and the regular season doesnt count any more !!

LETS GO LAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

Old Post 05-31-08 08:27 AM
NumNutz74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NumNutz74 Click here to Send NumNutz74 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
shooms79
FoxDen Hall of Famer

well said

I think you are right CD, stated it nicely. For a fact LAL bench is much better. I think it will be a good series on paper, but I see LA in 5 or 6. I think Odem will play a big part in the series, bc so much attention to Kobe and gasol.

Old Post 05-31-08 08:30 AM
shooms79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shooms79 Click here to Send shooms79 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cappersdelight

agreed, I've thought all season long that the Celtics are soft and highly overrated. I'd say the top 4 teams in the West could turn out that many wins in the East.

Old Post 05-31-08 08:33 AM
cappersdelight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cappersdelight Click here to Send cappersdelight a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Saratoga
FoxDen Hall of Famer

66-16 overrated ?

When this team needs to play, they play.

2008 NBA Champs

Boston Celtics.

Old Post 05-31-08 03:05 PM
Saratoga is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saratoga Click here to Send Saratoga a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sawyer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I think best bet is Over 5,5 games to be played :)

Series 2-2 after game 4 sounds a decent bet as well!

Old Post 05-31-08 03:59 PM
Sawyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Click here to Send Sawyer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cappersdelight

Upon further review

there were probably 6 teams in the West that could of got 60+ wins if they played in the East...so yes, overrated, and if not overrated, then their record if inflated.

Sawyer, great call on the over. I think this one goes at least 6.

Old Post 05-31-08 05:38 PM
greggrzy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Rooting For Lakers But.....

The 2-3-2 home away format strongly favors Boston. Also with money pouring in on LA don't look for value betting on the purple & gold. Still it should be great action & I'm sure I'll find something to back. I only hope that I'm on the same side as the refs!

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Old Post 05-31-08 06:18 PM
greggrzy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greggrzy Click here to Send greggrzy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

B.Celtics...

I know its extremely hard betting against "KOBE" but i am leaning *B.Celtics game 1 an for the series...as of now ,but who knows ,might change ,still a few days to see where $ is moving an how lines move.Gonna need all Big 3 to step up,,an K.G. to POP off!An Kobe is not gonna b able to do it himself,will definitly need others to step up.,even though he is great...lol

Old Post 05-31-08 06:24 PM
the hook 420 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the hook 420 Click here to Send the hook 420 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

buuut

greggrzy ur right ,,,bottom line is whoever we come up with as the play ,hopefully were on the same side as the refs . LOL

Old Post 05-31-08 06:38 PM
BigR
FoxDen Hall of Famer

total play

The o/u caught my eye first. I like the under 194 in the first game in Boston a lot. Thoughts? R

Old Post 05-31-08 06:41 PM
BigR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigR Click here to Send BigR a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am fading you all, and trading it!!!

LOL!!!

Who cares???

I see that you are all still a little lost in deception. :)

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 05-31-08 06:50 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
savage1

I think it is irrelevant how East stacks up with West overall.
We are talking about two teams here and two teams only-the Celtics and the Lakers.
The fact is that Celts did well against the Lakers in regular season(swept them), and one cannot minimize their three game sweep in Texas during the season, something which hasn't done in years;they also won 66 games.
I probably won't even bet the games very much as I just want to root for Celtics without worrying about winning or losing money.
From an objective point of view, that is without consideration of trying to balance the bets, Celtics should be favored or at worst a pick.

Old Post 05-31-08 07:05 PM
savage1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for savage1 Click here to Send savage1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tarheel
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Boston Celtics in 6
series play +160 10x

Old Post 06-01-08 12:15 AM
Tarheel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tarheel Click here to Send Tarheel a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

tarheel...

i like that series play thinking on playing it as well....i see the line dropped out here in vega$ to -2hook in game 1,buy it down to 2 an it should b all good ! GL

Old Post 06-01-08 12:17 AM
Tarheel
FoxDen Hall of Famer

the hook 420

the first game scare me the line is dropping. Bos wins by 1or 2 points. This might go into overtime. I think that the line will drop and Bos might be the underdog in this game.
"Beat L.A."

Old Post 06-01-08 12:30 AM
Tarheel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tarheel Click here to Send Tarheel a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: